Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Realised last night what

one of the main reasons that stopped becoming a season ticket holder. I stopped renewing my season ticket after following the club since 83 (well thats my first memory) although my old man took me before that. I never missed a Selhurst game and admittidly I was going through 'girls' stage when we played at upton Park so missed a few. I was IN the Town hall when we were granted the return. Since then I have always had a Season ticket at the valley until last season I knocked it on the head.
Now I'll get back to my original point, the Referees, they are the main reason I stopped enjoying it, I was going mad most of the time, walking out with the hump. They are SO biased towards the 'bigger' teams and tend to think the whole evening/day is about them. I remember watching Graham Poll warm up with his linesmen (sorry assistant referees, my ars)once and he was smiling stretching, waving at the crowd, fcuk off ponce.
Last night it felt again that we were up against it from the start, we got nothing from the ref, if that had been El Kakouri doing to Ronaldo what Rio did to HH then he would have been sent off. I was seething also at the penalty.
There is also the shit football that we play now (well last season, but it seems that we intend to play the same long ball to the front men) and I now have more financial responsibility but the main factor was I stopped enjoying it because we were always so hard done by the refs, could be the reason why I was booked in my first 5 games back playing on a Saturday afternoon!!!!

Comments

• There was also a moment where a Man U player blocked us from taking a quick free kick, and the free kick was hit straight against him...... 4 days earlier, one of our players got a second yellow for doing that.....
  • Yep, see that as well, said exactly the same thing to the missus. had a bottle of wine and a few beers so things are gradually coming back to me!
  • I think people are harsh on the referees. The game is a lot faster now and so speed a thought has to be exceptional. The bias nature may seem to be that the bigger teams have the ball a lot more and then more likely to get free kicks towards them.
  • Then get younger refs, or back up the older ones with a television ref.....

With so much money in stake, decisions really need to be more accurate these days.