Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke are losing (Let's hope the person who started this thread hasn't put the mockers on it)...Oh

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
2-0 at home to Scunthorpe

They brought the game forward, reduced prices so they could have a big crowd celebrating them going top of the league and they are fooking it up lol!!

Comments

• Options
    sort of thing we'd do
  • Options
    Bet the Stoke players are taking it their very own calm measured way. Someone's going to get their legs broken :-)

S.
  • Options
    2 all now.
  • Options
    why would anyone make this thread untill the games fucking over!
  • Options
    easy tiger.
  • Options
    are they still losing,fuck me
  • Options
    Winning 3-2 now
  • Options
    3-2 Stoke now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]why would anyone make this thread untill the games fucking over!

Take the thread in the spirit it is intended fella. You have a lot of aggression for one so young.
  • Options
    so there not fucking it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dj it puts the mockers on things.
  • Options
    Finished 3-2 to Stoke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dj it puts the mockers on things.

Of cousre it does. Stoke would have lost 5 nil and never got another point all season if we hadn't had this thread.

Do you salute single Magpies and keep off the cracks in the pavement too?
  • Options
    I do Dave,what i will say Dave,is 2-0 down against bottom of table at half time win 3-2.This is the night stoke won promotion.I didn't think they would last this long.Tonight they have proved they have got the balls for it.
  • Options
    im just grumpy,sorry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I do Dave,what i will say Dave,is 2-0 down against bottom of table at half time win 3-2.This is the night stoke won promotion.I didn't think they would last this long.Tonight they have proved they have got the balls for it.

There are 14 games left. Stoke won their last home game 3-2 after being 3-0 up. Now they've done it in reverse. This suggests to me that they are nervous. Lets not write the season off yet.
  • Options
    Not writing the season off but i also think Stoke have been superb all season and i really fancy them for automatic promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]This is the night stoke won promotion.

Far too early to make those assumptions. You can never predict what's round the corner in football. Pompey score 7 at home, then go more than two months without a home goal.

Anything can happen. Stoke rely on work ethic and a couple of quality players. Anything happens to those quality players, or their form dips, and they will get a case of the jitters.

Still think it will be us and West Brom.

Exciting though, eh ?
  • Options
    Hope so AFKA,i fancy Watford and Stoke automatic and us (hopefully) goin up via the play offs.
  • Options
    Puts the pressure on if those Watford mugs put one over on us tomorrow though.

Stoke are now 8 clear of us, they would have to lose at least 3 games to be caught by us and have only lost 6 all season.

I can't see them throwing it away I'd say it's Stoke and one other looking at their run in, they are hard to beat we are the only side to do it in 16 games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if Stoke have the squad to cope with a few injuries and suspensions. This is the time of year where they start to kick in and an injury to one or two key players for Stoke or even Bristol City could see them hit a bad run of form.
  • Options
    I don't think that Stoke will be in the first two at the end of the season,( I hope not, with the way they played). However, they do deserve to be top at the moment as they can beat teams like Scunny and we can't!
  • Options
    i think stoke have lost once in 17 games and that's very impressive ...
    all those who keep saying just worry about us might consider that we do have to worry about what the others are doing up there cos that's who we've got to catch and thankfully no ones pulled too far away from us YET..
    in any recent year automatic promotion would be beyond us at this stage points wise but this year a team will probably go up automatically on a low tally , hopefully us but WE HAVE TO WIN TODAY or i'd bet my house the automatics are gone for us
  • Options
    We need a little run of 4 wins on the spin - something we havn't done much of all season. We are either consistent at home and not away or visa-versa. What we do not do enough of is actually score goals.
  • Options
    we were level on points with stoke just a few games ago, shows what we could have done with a bit of consistency and turning 1 point out of scunthorpe and shef wed into 6
  • Options
    Stoke superb !!!! r u sure ? they are (along with Hull) everything wrong with football on the pitch. Bunch of lumps one of which has a long throw. They may well go up but o dear dear that shi* in the prem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Stoke superb !!!! r u sure ? they are (along with Hull) everything wrong with football on the pitch. Bunch of lumps one of which has a long throw. They may well go up but o dear dear that shi* in the prem.

Good, they won't be much competition for us if we get promoted with them, and hopefully will be candidates for immediate but wel remunerated relegation.
  • Options
    If Stoke are everything wrong with football why are they top?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]If Stoke are everything wrong with football why are they top?

So you'd be happy watching that shit week in week out?

I know what I'd rather watch and that's why I'm down the Valley this afternoon.
  • Options
    Im down the Valley today too mate.What im saying is ok they dont play great football but would you rather play well and be where we are or play a different style and be top?I know what i would choose but thats just my opinion.