Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Shittu yesterday

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
I thought he was excellent, especially when he scored for us....:-)

Seriously though, I always thought his lack of mobility might let him down, but I didn't notice that yesterday. He was awesome in the air. I really felt the "one that got away" feeling about him.

Comments

• Options
    didnt think he was anything special, just big and a bit slow
  • Options
    Agree with Matt, apart from the controversial 'leaping on shoulders' goal, I didn't think he was anything other than a big slow lad.

Looked slow to react first half especially.
  • Options
    I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about "the one that got away".Let's face it, he's a big lump and is therefore going to win his fair share in the air. However, he's not the quickest, looked uncomfortable on the ball and his timing was all over the place at times.

I wouldn't swap him for any of our centre backs - not even Fortune.
  • Options
    make you right off it, also people dont remember that he prob wouldnt of been any good for us anyway since most of our last 10 years have been top level and i dont think he is prem quality
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]make you right off it, also people dont remember that he prob wouldnt of been any good for us anyway since most of our last 10 years have been top level and i dont think he is prem quality

Spot on.

I remember someone asking Lennie Lawrence about "the one that got away" in reference to Matt Elliott and Lennie's response was that we had people like Shirtliff, Thompson and Miller at the club at the time and he would never have got a game. As it was he spent years at Oxford and Torquay before maturing into a much better player at Leicester. Sometimes you need to move on to improve, and it's the same with Shittu.
  • Options
    I was just putting my thoughts at the time that was all. I always thought of him as a slow lump but I didn't think he came across as that yesterday. Each to his/her own.
  • Options
    No worries bing - that wasn't a dig. I think he has clearly become a better player since he left us and that's not surprising a he has been playing regularly. If he's stayed with us then who knows, but I doubt he would now be the same player because he just wouldn't have played the games for us.

Tell you what though, I wouldn't want to annoy him!
  • Options
    I thought he looked good in the Watford lump it system but would not have him with us as he would be too exposed. I thought Boothroyd used him well defensively and offensively, but if we were to look at three defenders who we have let go - Turner, Primus and Shittu, I'd take Primus any day, however at the time each of them left they would not have got a 1st team place.
  • Options
    No worries, I didn't take it as a dig. I remember many who thought we should not have let him go. He ain't the best defender in the world, just thought, despite his OG he had a good game yesterday.
  • Options
    I thought he played well and combined at times to make it three up front.....credit where credits due, and I would have him in my side in front of Fortune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should have kept Emeka Ifejiagwa!
  • Options
    mine and NSS fault i am afraid

Chim Chiminary chimnary chim chim cha roo
    who needs sol Campbell when weve got Shittu

singing that far too early bud i am afraid

i have been beating myself up over it all day
  • Options
    commited cardinal sin,as i was singin it i knew i shouldn't have been.
  • Options
    when i went to the bar at half time a fella said i would regret saying that

how fecking true
  • Options
    Has signed for Millwall on a 3 month deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]didnt think he was anything special, just big and a bit slow

That's 1905 to a tee!