Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most improved player so far this season?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
On the last few showings think it has to be Varney, good work rate, when he pulls wide he often creates a chance or looks dangerous himself . I did have my doubts a bit about him, but IMHO he looks our best bet for a goal when he gets the ball.
Lloyd Sam, undoubtedly talented, but yet to really shine for me.
Youga has done well too and looks a good prospect.

Comments

• Options
    Paddy, all day
  • Options
    Yeah MCS can see where you're coming from on that one. He has looked like a new player from the one at the start of the season.
  • Options
    Youga - wasn't even wanted at the start of the season

Magic must also be in with a shout
  • Options
    certainly made me change my opinion in a hurry but to be fair i saw his potential at sellout on the 1st sept last year. There are a few who are running him close tho, majid springs to mind!
  • Options
    Luke, Paddy and Youga....all doing well...thought Paddy was my man of the match yesterday and I couldnt say a good word about him earlier in the season.
  • Options
    magic in with a shout.......dont think so.Has to be Paddy Mac for me too
  • Options
    ZZ.

Looked a decent player in the Prem last season, but wasn´t sure if he was good enough to be a reg. starter.

This season, he´s got better and better to the point that he´s regarded as one of our best players.
    Quality work rate, good attitude and bangs in the goals.

complete player for me. and definately most improved.

Paddy´s also improving, and Matty Holland´s come back well despite being written off last season. Varney´s starting to produce goals as well, but he was doing that last season at Crewe.

Other side of the scale, un(improved) player, goes to JT.

Hopeless attitude. what a waste of talent
  • Options
    Trouble with JT is he dont want to be here and as he has only 1 season left on his contract this summer,we wont get a lot for him.
  • Options
    ZZ without a doubt he was in and out of games last season and went missing in games this season the fella is pure class by far my player of the year
  • Options
    Has to be Youga I'd have thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    theres some pri*k who sits behind me who knows nothing bout football who always shouts at zhi saying he doesnt do enough work he must be blind surely no1 is that stupid???
  • Options
    there is always one i ended up having a ruck one season with a guy who constantly slated rufus, rufus for fuks sake how much of a knob was he matt u reckon we should arange a fight between the pair of em they know fuk all people like that what game to people actually watch
  • Options
    couldn´t stand it when "fans" were slating johhny robbo or kish.
    i only get pissed when some bloke obviously couldn´t give a fcuk. JT lazy bastard.
    JFH.. not interested. trying to think of others....

give me effort over skill any day. well, i did quite like johhny barnes tho, and he never moved from the centre circle.
  • Options
    Paddy, he didnt go out on loan to get better he just sorted his head out and hasn't looked back since. youga is a good shout but he had never made an appearance for charlton since we signed him.
  • Options
    It has to be Youga - at the start of the season he was behind Thatcher, Powell, Basey, Gibbs at least and loaned out until his contract ended whereupon he'd have been released and swiftly forgotten. Now he looks to be an automatic selection.
  • Options
    Has to be Luke Varney

As ive said on another thread he has improved past Iwelumo and he was playing at a lower level than him last season.

The question is how good could Luke be with a player alongside him who makes him tick the way Maynard did at Gresty Road last season, Im sure Gray will be the man but we need goals from them both.

Alas Im not sure big Chris can cut the mustard anymore at this level
  • Options
    Paddy by a mile, he is now in the running for player of the year but at the start of the season he wasn't getting a look in behind Sodje and Fortune. IMO he has been MOTM two games running and without him we really would be
    struggling.
  • Options
    Was just typing "Paddy by a mile", chirpy red jnr!!
  • Options
    I'm just tooo quick.
  • Options
    A lot of player's names thrown into the mix here .........a lot of players who deserve recognition for their attitude and effort in trying to better themselves.

We've got some very good players, haven't we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Yes, top five would be:
    1. Paddy
    2. Youga
    3. Varney
    4. ZZ
    5. Holland (Not in order.)

With a few more closing in on them.
  • Options
    The question was most improved player and as BFR has said 5th choice to 1st choice in his position is one hell of an improvement.

Whilst the others named have improved on earlier form Youga has improved from the scrapheap to one of the first names on the teamsheet.
  • Options
    Lee Cook........ wild card.

Okay, I've not seen him play yet but mates at the match told me his crossing was outstanding.
    Now that's something we have lacked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red Jnr[/cite]Yes, top five would be:
    1. Paddy
    2. Youga
    3. Varney
    4. ZZ
    5. Holland (Not in order.)

With a few more closing in on them.

I wouldn't go for Holland, he was excellent in the second half of last season and he is really only back to the player he was when he joined us.

For me it would have to be Youga - from zero to hero via Scunnie in half a season.

Paddy is the signing who has improved most in ratings.
  • Options
    For me McCarthy closely followed by Varney. Can' t put ZZ or Holland in there as I think they have been really good from the off. I'm afraid Youga cant be there either, his inexperience on Tuesday at Wednesday (?) cost us a couple of points.

On the downside Sam and Fortune have gone backwards and in my opinion neither will make any further progress with Charlton.
  • Options
    love youga but the way he sometimes clears the ball directly up is a bit worrying at times. imo paddy, slated him at the start of the season, great turnaround.
  • Options
    Weaver came to charlton as public enemy number one and now is firm favourite
  • Options
    Paddy looked like someone we'd dragged out of the local pub team earlier in the season. I can't believe it's the same player. He'd get my vote.
  • Options
    paddy for me on the same basis of what stone said... varney always looked like he's played the game b4 but paddy omg what was he like!!