Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just a thought

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Ive been wondering why Iwelumo and Gray were scoring goals for fun with their previous clubs but have struggled with us.

Are we getting enough quickfire early balls into the box? Are we playing to their strengths? Does Chris have any?

We have more wide men at the club than I have ever known and more strikers than in recent seasons so why are we not scoring more from balls coming in from the flanks.

In saying this I do realise the contribution that Gray is making which is far more than Iwelumo when it comes down to assists.

Comments

• Options
    Big Chris and Gray were the main men at their clubs before.
    I´m sure if we played Gray up front on his own, he would be banging them in.
    As soon as we switched back to 442, Big Chris stopped scoring.

We either need a natural scorer upfront whose getting 1 ever 2 (Baby Bent), or a partnership of team players (Mendonca & Hunt). Varney´s number 1 at the moment, for a reason. He´s a good team player, pacey, and finishes well.

At Colchester and Burnley, Big Chris and Gray were the first players the midfield would look for when with the ball. Just like us with Bent or when Iweleumo was on form.

I´m happy with Big Chris´ contribution to the season so far. Gray links well, and if he can get 5 or 6 in the next 13 and we go up, he´ll be well worth the cash.
    Although, my favourite is the Varney and McCloud combo. Give him time, he´ll score a few for us. They´re our most dangerous partnership, imo.
  • Options
    I do think Mcleod needs a go up front with Varney but not sure if it would be our most dangerous partnership. Agree Mcleod needs a go, but a lot of people think he is just a waste of space.