Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who gives a monkies if we don't go up

who is really bothered I look back at this season seen some good attacking done the double over the scum the emergence of Basey and Yoga going to games not hoping to just get a draw the atmosphere has been better and there are genuine fans attending the games ok we might lose the odd player now and again by weren't we doing that in the premiership anyway?

Comments

• Options
    I agree unfortuantly we need the money to survive.
  • Options
    For the football and excitement, young players and away trips to new places (Donny and Swansea next season) no.

For the financial stability yes plus I always want to see us playing at the highest level possible even if we struggle.
  • Options
    the accounts department....
  • Options
    let's have one more year just for Donny and Swansea and maybe Orient
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    championship is fun and exciting as a change, but give me prem any day. more money, more coverage, and relegation battles are just as exciting as promotion pushes. better for the club aswell.
  • Options
    and I guess we all enjoy paying to watch us get beat by 60 per cent of the league give me real football with true fans and players ratther than foriegn journymen and coporates any day this is true football. We are also in a league that is getting good press and coverage rather than the negative stuff coming out of the premiership just ask a fulham Bolton or Reading fan
  • Options
    A couple of seasons in this league will be ok if we use that time to develop a good squad and bring through the likes of Arter, Wright as well as Youga and Basey. Much more than that and we'll be losing them to Premiership clubs.

Bear in mind also that we have one more year of parachute money and that the new Sky/Setanta deal means that the teams relegated from the Premiership this season will come down not only with parachute money but considerably more money than in previous years. Derby who look like finishing last will earn around £30m for doing so. That means next season we'll be competing against several teams with a considerable amount of financial clout - ie next year the goal posts might have moved a bit further away from us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]and I guess we all enjoy paying to watch us get beat by 60 per cent of the league give me real football with true fans and players ratther than foriegn journymen and coporates any day this is true football. We are also in a league that is getting good press and coverage rather than the negative stuff coming out of the premiership just ask a fulham Bolton or Reading fan[/quote]

agree with the high prices and losing 60% of the time, but u can hardly call what we get now as press coverage???also watching endless teams play sh*t long ball football gets a bit boring.
  • Options
    When we got relegated the sensible rebuilding approach should of been a two-year plan. A massive turnover of players, the ability to bed a settled side and let some youngsters emerge under less pressure. The desire for the premiership finance should not cloud that.

This season should of been about creating a side that will be settled and dominate the division next season, one that will then have a realistic chance of keeping us up the following season.

So in answer to the question, i'm a non-monkey.
  • Options
    Two year plan all the way.

However, people have seen how much quality the current team has got and is frustrated that they are not doing better.

One more season would be ok in this league but i'd much rather be in the Prem next year - and i think we will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if we hold onto everyone in this squad i really think we'll have a good chance of promotion next year but think our best opportunity will be this season.... oh for some consistency!!
  • Options
    Id rather we went up and came down again.....doing a bit of a yoyo would be fun....so long as we could still manage to get back up to finance the club properly...happy either way as long as we keep our best players next season...no doubt someone will come gunning for the likes of ZZ if we dont gain promotion.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Id rather we went up and came down again.....doing a bit of a yoyo would be fun....so long as we could still manage to get back up to finance the club properly...happy either way as long as we keep our best players next season...no doubt someone will come gunning for the likes of ZZ if we dont gain promotion.[/quote]

apparently zizi cant move anywhere else in europe, against his terms from china or some random stuff dunno if its true.
  • Options
    Hmmm... mixed feelings.

Would not want us to do a Derby, and I really think that's what may happen if we went up at the end of this season (which I don't think we will)

But if things go tits up next season in the championship, I'll regret saying that!

The future of this club really is anyone's guess at the mo!
  • Options
    if stoke go up they'll beat derbys lowest prem points tally. ill put money on it.
  • Options
    i honestly don't mind. it's nice to win some games for once. would love to be back where we belong, plus we need the money, but if we don't go up so we have another year to rebuild and storm it next year i'll be happy.
  • Options
    Lets go and lose every F***in game then shall we, thats what i bought my season ticket at the start of the season for because i wanted us to do well, but not well enough!!

Sorry i know im going to get slated and called unreasonable but for FFS if we made even the Playoff fianl you would be thinking......S**t if we go up were going to get slaughtered....cheer on the opposition!!!
  • Options
    Thing is that West Brom seemed to have cracked the two year plan idea. Miss out in play offs and then walk away with the league the next year.

Only now they are 4th.

You have to go up when you can, ready or not (as the Jackson 5 sang)
  • Options
    exactly get out of this league as soon as we can. cant go picking and choosing with so much at stake.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Cafc #1[/cite]Lets go and lose every F***in game then shall we, thats what i bought my season ticket at the start of the season for because i wanted us to do well, but not well enough!!

Sorry i know im going to get slated and called unreasonable but for FFS if we made even the Playoff fianl you would be thinking......S**t if we go up were going to get slaughtered....cheer on the opposition!!![/quote]

So who do u go and watch the team or the opposition, personally i would watch Charlton regardless how well they were doing and whatever league they were in, i have been brought up watching Charlton, and this season has been far more enjoyabe than the previous two or three in the premiership, to me its not about the money its about watching a good game, not how well the clubs bank balance is doing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im a supporter of Charlton I want them to do the best that they can do and take a chance when it arises unfortuantly we did not a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I never said anything about money.....we had 7 seasons in the prem with no money, like you i would go regardless, so you might aswell watch them in the top division. Yes its good to see us play good football but we cant be content playing good football against the Scunthorpes and Colchesters can we (even though we didnt). Its been proven that we are a premiership side.

Are you trying to tell me that you would like to see us play good football and win games but not go up, becasue that would be quite hard to do.
  • Options
    If we don't go up we will be playing infront of much, much smaller crowds once all the PL fans lose their free season ticket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]When we got relegated the sensible rebuilding approach should of been a two-year plan. A massive turnover of players, the ability to bed a settled side and let some youngsters emerge under less pressure. The desire for the premiership finance should not cloud that.

This season should of been about creating a side that will be settled and dominate the division next season, one that will then have a realistic chance of keeping us up the following season.

So in answer to the question, i'm a non-monkey.

But Pards said right at the beginning of the season that it was a 2 year plan.

We are definitely ahead of schedule and the quality of many individuals in the team proves that.
    But as Henry said, you should take your chance when you get it. It might not come around again.

And if we do go up & we yo-yo?
    So what, we get the money to protect the club's finances, a year in the Prem and no doubt a surprise scalp or 2, maybe even a cup run.

And hopefully the nucleus of the team would stay together and we would be well prepared & financed for a promotion assault the next season. And we get the chance to go to Doncaster & Swansea, like many want.

How bad is that?
  • Options
    You really think people forked out hundreds of pounds for a season ticket this year, just because there was a possibility of a free one next year ?

Its irrelevent anyway because the free offer will be rolled if we don't go up.
  • Options
    doubt it will be carried on
  • Options
    Yes I do AFKA, I think there are a lot of people that paid it thinking we would steamroll this league and didn't want to lose their seat up in the premiership, only time will tell and I hope to god I'm wrong.

I'd also rather not go up this year, I think we'd get destroyed in the Prem at the moment, the lads need time to gel into a real team, that I think could do really well after claiming the title next season.
  • Options
    I'm with AFKA on this, but you can tell there are a load of people wanting there freebies though, come through on here as well.
  • Options
    Ideally we would go up next year as champions, with the team established more and the youngsters having been broken in a bit.

But as Henry points out, you cannot plan like that, it is best that we get promoted this season because if we don't we may fail next season too.
  • Options
    Whats wrong with wanting a freebie? There are lots of different reasons people got CAFC in the blood and it doesnt really matter how. If the freebie gains committed supporters then good.