Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
[cite]Posted By: Greg Halford[/cite]“It was frustrating at Sunderland. I made a few mistakes and when you make mistakes in a team managed by Roy Keane, you don’t get many chances.

“He changed his story a few times. He said I hadn’t got many chances and I felt that if I got a chance I could have turned it around.

”That’s why I turned down a couple of offers to go out on loan. He said he was disappointed by that and that I wouldn’t get an opportunity at all at Sunderland, so in the end I took the chance to join Charlton.
“They were the only Championship team I would come to and I hope I can help them get promoted. I'd love to get a Championship winner's medal and get Charlton to the Premier League where they belong. We're a Premier League club and we're underachieving."

"It was lucky I have an opportunity here (Charlton). Come the end of the season whether I go back to Sunderland or stay here, it will be positive."

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=31088

Comments

• Options
    i think we'll have an option to buy, which should be good, as hes played well in the games ive seen. also that long throw could be effective eventually.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Proper player, showed it from the moment he started for us. Fits into our club so well, hope he stays for a long time.
  • Options
    The guy can pass aswell.
  • Options
    He was in both free london papers today saying we can still get auto promotion

"That's the whole reason I came down here, to push on for that automatic promotion. It didn't work out against watford, that was very dissapointing and felt like a defeat. But there is still a long way to go and alot of points to play for. We've still got a lot of top teams to play at the valley so it is in our own hands."

Good to hear that from a new player, wouldn't hear thomas coming out with something positive like that.
  • Options
    Or three quarters of the posters on this board.

Now who else can I rub up the wrong way? :o)