Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Starting XI for Saturday

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Assuming Magic is still out ...

Weaver
Halford Paddy Sodje Youga
Ambrose Holland ZZ Cook
Gray Ambrose

Comments

• Options
    2 ambroses? i assume you meant varney up front? that would be my team
  • Options
    If the Ambrose in the forward position is meant to be Varney, then I'd agree 100 percent :-)
  • Options
    what did Fortune do wrong! Halford played the lad on for the first and he was fouled by Shittu for the second. otherwise was solid
  • Options
    are you joking what did fortune do wrong? breathed for a start. liability. get sodje in no doubt.
  • Options
    Sodje is a liability........ all over the place. Fortune was the top man at the back until his injury and will be the backbone in the push for the play offs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]are you joking what did fortune do wrong? breathed for a start. liability. get sodje in no doubt.
    Seriously isls, what did Fortune do wrong?
  • Options
    Any one remember

Danny (we must sign him on a perm contract) Mills?
  • Options
    Don't forget that Youga is suspended for this one. Assuming he is fit, I would go with Basey at LB. Otherwise looks a decent team. Iwelumo, Semedo, Sam, Fortune & Elliott on the bench.
  • Options
    McCloud and Thomas on bench instead of Iwelumo and Sam.

Fortune in. Sodje on bench
  • Options
    agree Ken - we have to go for it now, no half measures and 0-0 draws.

Mclead has to be involved now - he showed that although he may not score many his pace upsets defenders & making pens against Norwich.

Sam should be dropped - Halford showed what a cross should be like and sam consistenly hits the first defender. His best game , sadly, came against Liverpool last May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]are you joking what did fortune do wrong? breathed for a start. liability. get sodje in no doubt.
    Seriously isls, what did Fortune do wrong?

i'm just uncomfortable with him at the back, always have been, i still don't know how we kept him on after some of his displays last season, games like watford away where he proves he has the concentration of a five year old
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll go back to 4-5-1

Not a popular choice for the home games, but it certainly was working in the away games earlier this year.
  • Options
    Weaver
    Halford Paddy Sodje Basey
    Ambrose Holland ZZ Cook
    Gray Varney
  • Options
    Does the panel think Cookie is now fit enough to last 90 minutes?
  • Options
    Weaver
    Halford Paddy Sodje Youga
    Ambrose Holland ZZ Cook
    McCloud Varney.

elliot, fortune, semendo, sam, gray.

Same partnership up front as the home game. Gray´s already started double the amount of McCloud in the league. Give the bloke a chance! Pace scares defences. Fact. Also, don´t see the point in Pards´attacking benches. You need more balance. There wasn´t anyone suitable to come and slow the game down when we were 2 nil up at the weekend.