Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Warnock - Thank You

2»

Comments

• Options
    There was no real travesty at that match, BFR.

We simply played Bristol City off the park in that first half, they barely had a kick - we should have been 3-0 up at half time.

More even stevens in the 2nd half, but we still had the edge, apart from a 10 minute spell when they huffed and puffed without creating any clear cut chances.

The travesty was that we waited until the 90th minute to do what we had threatened to do most of the match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

The travesty was that we waited until the 90th minute to do what we had threatened to do most of the match.

True Oggy but the ending was mucking fagic!!!
  • Options
    Might as well resurrect the thread given the title

But Warnock has retired from Management, how long do we think this'll last?

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Never get tired of watching the clip of him mugging off Millwall players after they came off the pitch.

“Serves you right for Muscat, that”

https://youtu.be/fir4XLtNdZQ
  • Options
    Fantastic man manager and a real character. Thought extremely highly of by many he's managed from listening to the Undr the Cosh podcast.

Wished he'd managed us.
  • Options
    He had his own style and methods and he was a winner. A modern day Brian Clough in many ways. Always looked to make his club the number one priority over anyone else. Upset opposition players, managers and supporters but loved by his own. He’ll be missed. 
  • Options
    always the go to man without ever landing a really big job .. a fixture in English football for nearly 40 years and the first manager to lead a team to automatic promotion from the (now called) National League to the (now called EFL) .. I reckon a career in the media awaits, he is a very entertaining raconteur
  • Options
    Love him or hate him,you cant ignore him,he has written an autobiography some years ago which was very entertaining,as you would expect.Hope he goes on to to media work although now in his seventies ,he may well put his feet up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See him in a Little Chef about ten years ago, he was very amiable and approachable, and really does know his stuff too - we had a bit of banter with him where I thanked him for his services to Charlton fans (was just after Palace sacked him when they were bottom 3 in the Prem I think 2014 or 15?) took it very well and had a laugh with us whilst tucking into an Olympic breakfast. He always struck me as a proper old fashioned football man hope he enjoys his retirement. Bet he has some cracking stories to tell, could do well on the after dinner talking circuit sort of stuff if not in media.
    I believe he said he's going to do a bit of an 'audience with' type tour....I bet he's got enough decent stories to fill hours.

I still don't think this is the last we'll see of him in the dugout