Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards' Call to Fans

WSSWSS
edited February 2008 in General Charlton
This is that thing from the programme...

Alan Pardew has urged Addicks fans to 'pencil a weekend in Blackpool' into their diaries ahead of Saturday's clash with the Tangerines.

The Charlton manager insisted that the club must win their next two away fixtures, starting with this weekend's trip to the North West.

And he encouraged more supporters to follow the team on the road, with tickets still available for Saturday's game.

"Entering this run-in, we are going to need more fans on the road,” said Pardew, who has regularly praised the backing the club has received from its supporters this season.

"May I therefore politely request that a few people pencil in a weekend in Blackpool.

"I find it's always nice on the brink of spring, with a pleasant coastal breeze and plenty of entertainment on offer..."

Comments

• Options
    Sorted my pencil out for the weekend in Blackpool.

Wonder if pards is refering to the beached ferry as part of the entertainment. If Charlton dont win that ferry can be renamed Pardew as it would be a great symbol of Charlton's promiotion push!
  • Options
    'said Pardew, who has regularly praised the backing the club has received from its supporters this season'.

Hmmm....
  • Options
    well he cant criticise 1400-1500 for a trip in winter to a stand without a roof......or was he lining us up as an excuse!

He does come out with some oddities
  • Options
    Jesus H Pards, concentrate on preparing the team so that those that do go are not bemoaning another no show by the team against another that we should be beating.
  • Options
    Once again, the timing is completely out.

This 'rallying' call should of been done ahead of the Sheff U game, not 3 days before a game we've sold 1,400 of our 1,700 allocation........
  • Options
    Looks like we are taking good numbers to this one but personally I hope we dont sell out.

Unreserved tickets means large groups of half cut people turning up at 3.00 wanting to sit together, could be carnage.

Also, uncovered seats and freezing temperatures means there is no way in the world I am sitting down.
  • Options
    my ticket says reserved seating!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]
    Also, uncovered seats and freezing temperatures means there is no way in the world I am sitting down.

Anyone who wants to sit down should use a bit of common & sit near the front, but common sense is a trait sadly lacking in most people. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Once again, the timing is completely out.

This 'rallying' call should of been done ahead of the Sheff U game, not 3 days before a game we've sold 1,400 of our 1,700 allocation........
    To be fair to him AFKA, this is just re-hashed form the programme on Saturday so its a bit earlier.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Once again, the timing is completely out.

I think that for as long as he's here Pards is going to say things that rub people up the wrong way and I don't think he'll be too bothered about it as he seems pretty headstrong and will think what he's doing is for the best.

The end of that comment was pretty tongue in cheek and to be fair to him he does praise the fans when we're good (and on occasion when we've not been so good). Think we have to be carefule not to be too sensitive to what he says....

(And I think this was from the programme so would have been said before a lot of those tickets were sold - maybe it worked?!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tickets say reserved, but the website says unreserved....Im thinking its more likely the latter.
  • Options
    From the "Your Views" on the OS:

"We're going to Blackpool, but have decided that if we don't get to see this game due to people standing, it will be our last away trip.
    It's all well and good AP going on about the away support, he gets paid to go!
    But for many, including us, it's just getting too expensive. Not being able to watch the game then becomes the final straw."

Well Miss Anna Bales, can I please suggest that you sit at the front. Thank You.
  • Options
    have you put that on the site in response ?
  • Options
    Nope, but I will if you want me to!
  • Options
    No excuses this time though, no seats are reserved so if you wanna sit, don't sit at the back unless you have complete Brain fade !

Guaranteed some idiot will sit at the back & shout those immortal words 'Siddarn !'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Nope, but I will if you want me to!

I think she should be warned :-)
  • Options
    youd think it was common sense......how come we attract so many whingers these days?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]or this one
    That one is linked above. God knows who wrote that inane comment...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That bloke named after a former Spurs and England star with god fearing tendencies is a bit dodgy I agree