Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

views

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
so if you find like many a growing despair,on gun and knife culture,which is born mainly out of somali and other new arrivals,it gets taken off.

Comments

• Options
    Whats this got to do with charlton?
  • Options
    lots of things on here are not.
  • Options
    Put it in the right category nolly. how many times do you have to be told?

;-)
  • Options
    how do i do that wss?
  • Options
    it gets taken off for the reason said above.

Its been made a thousand times on here, this isn't the place to rant about all the ills in the world, there are millions of outlets for that if that is your preference.

If this was a forum to debate attacks, crimes, court cases etc, 4-5 shocking threads will be starting every day.

This is a place to escape all the other crap in the world.

I'm sorry if its not what some people want, but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    one rule for one one rule for another.thanks anyway.
  • Options
    To be honest Nolly your original post here, whilst being difficult enough to read, is not only nothing to do with charlton, is also not something that exactly falls into a general chat catagory either. I'm sure if you search the web you'll find plenty of places to discuss this but I just dont see why you have to spill in on a forum about charlton and then whinge when it gets sunk or removed.
  • Options
    fair point,apply it to everyone then.
  • Options
    Well I think firstly if you posted it in the section which isnt titled "general charlton" it would be a start but I've noticed that pretty much every time someone has started one of these sorts of posts they've been removed or sunk as soon as possible.

Its been sunk now so should there be anyone on here that feels its an appropriate place to discuss this stuff they can do without anyone having to keep seeing it pop up on the screen everytime someone posts.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    nolly,

AFKA and LookOut do a bloody good job on this site and a hell of a lot threads to get sunk who have been started on and/or commented on by a variety of people.

I would have thought that 95% of people on here have commented on a thread which has been sunk or deleted.

In the end, a "sinking" does not amount to deletion and you can simply use the menu on the left to "Bookmark" the discussion and follow it. I was interested in the thread on the SL Centre and although it interests me i can understand why it does not need to be at the top of a Charlton discussion board because of it generating such strong opinions.

This is quite clearly the best Charlton forum around and this is because it hasnt got out of hand. Delicate issues can have people throwing personal insults around due to the very nature of a particular topic and this then involves everyone on the board whether they like it or not.

In the end, AFKA and LookOut have made the rules pretty clear and it's their site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd love to see a stat on most threads started vs most threads sunk!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]one rule for one one rule for another.

and the example for that being ?

This is not my job Nolly. I have a full time job working long hours. I am proud of this site and do everything i possibly can to maintain this as a well respected forum.

I spend too much time moving posts because people can't be bothered to put them in the correct category, i spend too much time editing hard swearing out of posts that people put in knowing full well that someone will have to go in and edit it out. I spend time trying to smooth other arguments and keeping a lid on any debates that might get out of hand, and getting rid of posts or threads that we've made very clear numerous times, we don't want on here.

I'm not saying that for sympathy or a medal, i do it because i tihnk as a large forum it operates to a high standard of decency and i don't want that changing.

Is it overkill ? Possibly. But its certainly appears to have worked ok so far and i don't want it changing now. My name and Lookout's are associated with this site and i want something with my name against to be something i'm proud, not something i don't want to be associated with.
  • Options
    I've unsunk this for a bit because i think its important others realise this.

Sorry if appeared a rant, having a bad day.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    No wonder work is going downhill...;-)
  • Options
    Miserable sod ;-)

Seriously fair play Dan, I wouldn't do what you do mate few of the honkers should bear in mind
  • Options
    I know I can be a right arguementative so and so, but I do have massive respect for Mr Bartram and Mr Out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]No wonder work is going downhill...;-)
    ....should have thought about that..sorry
  • Options
    no worries
  • Options
    i take on board what you say afka,im hotheaded by nature sadly.