Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ten things you never knew about Blackpool........

2»

Comments

• Options
    26. Blackpool changed their nickname to 'The Tangerines ' just to piss off Simon Jordan.
  • Options
    27. Technically, their football team is better than Charlton.
  • Options
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    28. The Blackpool Tower has a famous ballroom, which is the only place in mainland Britain where you are legally allowed to murder a Reverend or a Professor with a candlestick or some lead piping.
  • Options
    no.29: There is actually no blackpool in blackpool there are many sick pools and bloodpools but no blackpools.
  • Options
    30. blackpool is the destination of choice for the north wests' heroin addicts when they need a break
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    31. Blackpool supporter and local resident William Nails is entered twice into the guinness book of records, firstly as he has a body iron content of 1kilo compared to the male average of only 2.5g. Hence the origin of the saying "as hard as Nails". This is believed to be a direct result of his second Guinness world record of eating 17,263 whole black puddings during the 12 months of 1957.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    32. In the last 6 months movements in the earths tectonic plates have led to a 4 inch crack appearing along the exact municipal boundary of Blackpool. Geologist fear this crack will lead to the blackpool area breaking off from the mainland and become a risk to boats crossing to the Isle of Man.

Rumours persist however that council leaders had dynamited the boundary to allow blackpool to drift westwards to the Isle of Man as a tax avoidance measure.
  • Options
    33. On February 23rd 2008 Blackpool was officially shut due to high winds. Whether there was a coincidence due to the high number of Charlton fans in the local curry houses has never officiallyl been confirmed.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]8. As well as being the stag and hen capital, Blackpool is we'll known for its gay scene. Particularly popular are the Flying Handbag pub, Flamingos nightclub, and the Brooklyn Hotel.

I wish I had known last season before I chose my hotel! Mind you have staff were friendly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing wrong with the Brooklyn baby. Me and Gumbo got to know each other much better there.

It is a common mistake to get aboard the big one in the mistaken thinking it is in fact the service back to London (George......... George...........)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kigelia[/cite]32. In the last 6 months movements in the earths tectonic plates have led to a 4 inch crack appearing along the exact municipal boundary of Blackpool. Geologist fear this crack will lead to the blackpool area breaking off from the mainland and become a risk to boats crossing to the Isle of Man.

Rumours persist however that council leaders had dynamited the boundary to allow blackpool to drift westwards to the Isle of Man as a tax avoidance measure.
    )

I'm liking that one !!