Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happened to Barry Nugent ?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Use to see a lot of him a few years back. Havnt seen him around The Valley for ages.

Went to Selhurst etc...

He was a character. One of the people you dont know personally but is a character that stands out.

Comments

• Options
    Ha, you've just been reading the proper charlton list again !!

Last i saw of him was a couple of years ago stewarding down at Welling.

Not the toughest gig in the world it has to be said....
  • Options
    Seen him in Eltham a few times. Looks a shadow of the man he used to be. Didn't he have health problems?
  • Options
    See him saturday V Watford walking down Harvey gardens, and have seen him down at the games a bit recently. He was involved in either a car crash or was knocked down by a car a few years ago on rochester way , but he has come out the other side of it ok , but I dont believe he ever went back to work.
  • Options
    It was a car crash and very serious I remember.I quite liked the geezer let us lot get away with murder in the good old days.If I remember rightly he organised for the whip round that peersuaded the coach driver to stop off on the way home from Plymouth.That was the game Bod jumped on the pitch when Darren Pitcher scored the penalty right in front of the away fans.
  • Options
    He sits in the North Upper, seen him at the last couple of home games
  • Options
    I remember the plymouth stop off as it was my 18th birthday and a lovely sunny day.

They'd overbooked our coach so two of us sat in the drivers sleeping bit
  • Options
    NUGET always god as gold on the coach and let us get away with murder top man
  • Options
    I remember the midweek trip to tranmere where the coach driver went through the mersey tunnel when there was no need to and everyone was singing "nugget , nugget , nugget , we want a cup of tea!"

used to love those coach journeys in them days , can't think of anything worse now
  • Options
    nuget is our leader
    he used to love it
  • Options
    he might read this,calling nuget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen him in Eltham a few times also,we always had a good chat,nice fella
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]everyone was singing "nugget , nugget , nugget , we want a cup of tea!"
    [/quote]

lol, see No.12

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3115&page=1
  • Options
    Saw him in the North Stand a couple of games ago. Top bloke who as NSS states, let us get away with murder on the away coaches

If I remember rightly, the car crash he was in involved a police car.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]everyone was singing "nugget , nugget , nugget , we want a cup of tea!"

lol, see No.12

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3115&page=1

ha ha , fantastic .

that must make me proper charlton.

coaches in those days were legendary , I remember missing about two away games in the space of something like five years and all were done on the coach even Brescia away.
  • Options
    Was in The Long Pond tonight. Proper character.