Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play off final

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
:@ ive just found out that im probably going on holiday on the 24th of may, the day of the play off final :@:@:@:@:@:@

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if he has told anyone but Ketman is in Monte Carlo. ;-)
  • Options
    Ive booked a flight back from Oz on the 23rd....just in case....gets in at 6.20am on the 24th.....thats dedication :-)
  • Options
    If charlton did go to th play off final it would be exactly 10 years since "the game" at wembley.
  • Options
    Hey Tel, I think there may be a few of us on that flight! Perhaps the ADU's could charter a Jumbo! Don't think I'll be able to stretch my stay over there until the final unfortunately, so would need to make another trip.When are you coming back to OZ?
  • Options
    Hello mate...hows things down there in the sunshine? Im flying back on the 16th April, but booked a return for the 23rd May just in case.....I can change it if its not needed. Did you manage to meet up with Mick? I see there are still rumblings going around about a meet in Brisbane...The Melbourne and Auckland boys should arrange one seeing as thats where most of us are concentrated. Terry forgot to take his phone to the Watford match, so we didnt get to meet up unfortunately
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Hello mate...hows things down there in the sunshine? Im flying back on the 16th April, but booked a return for the 23rd May just in case.....I can change it if its not needed. Did you manage to meet up with Mick? I see there are still rumblings going around about a meet in Brisbane...The Melbourne and Auckland boys should arrange one seeing as thats where most of us are concentrated. Terry forgot to take his phone to the Watford match, so we didnt get to meet up unfortunately

Good mate. Didn't rain today for the first time in two months! Due to be 36 degrees on Sat.
    Had a good meet with Mick in the Surf Club at Kingscliff NSW. He's very keen on a bigger meet up, and said he would also come back for the final. Lent him my Centenary DVD which he is enjoying. Hope to catch up with you at the Vally soon
  • Options
    Sure i read somewhere that they may revert back to the usual play off format, so ours will be on Monday 26th. They moved them because of the euro's but obviously we never made it.
    Or is this completely untrue?
  • Options
    Ok Martin I look forward to it....do you fancy any away games whilst your over?....I'm trying to cram a few. Im off to Blackpool tomorrow night....really up for it this weekend.
  • Options
    I have just telephoned the Football League and they have confirmed that the Championship Play Off Final will be held on Saturday 24th May. The reason that it is the 24th rather than the 'traditional' bank holiday monday 26th May is that that day is also the offical call up for the Euro 2008 squads and some players in the Championship may have been impacted. This decision was finalised at a Football League Board meeting 10 days ago.

The semi finals will be held anywhere between Thurs 8th May and Sat 17th May depending on who is playing who and what matches will be selected by Sky also of course bearing in mind policing.

Hope that helps!!!
  • Options
    Oh dear me too - Whitsun week in Sardina...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I have just telephoned the Football League and they have confirmed that the Championship Play Off Final will be held on Saturday 24th May. The reason that it is the 24th rather than the 'traditional' bank holiday monday 26th May is that that day is also the offical call up for the Euro 2008 squads and some players in the Championship may have been impacted. This decision was finalised at a Football League Board meeting 10 days ago.

The semi finals will be held anywhere between Thurs 8th May and Sat 17th May depending on who is playing who and what matches will be selected by Sky also of course bearing in mind policing.

Hope that helps!!!

Good work!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Good, as I am off on holiday on the Monday and had already had 'the conversation' about it with the wife. Me explaining how easy it would be to get from North London to sherwood forest in the evening and her explaining that there was no way she was driving the kids up there on her own during the day. I fear I would have lost the argument.

That said it won't matter as we will win the title and not need the play-offs
  • Options
    I think I'd have to hitch hike to sardinia....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: foulerr[/cite]If charlton did go to th play off final it would be exactly 10 years since "the game" at wembley.

minus two days. Shame it's not on the Monday.
  • Options
    Ill be there..........

Already warned work...
  • Options
    Don't worry lads ......I've looked in my crystal ball......

And we finish second.

That should solve your dilemma :o)
  • Options
    Thanks oggy.

Am now completely relaxed and have booked world tour starting on 5th May.