Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we now entering Mind Games Season?

WSSWSS
edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Boothroyd's direct style has come under fire after the recent 2-1 win at Ipswich and last weekend's 2-2 draw at Charlton but the manager has refused to change his stance.

He said: "The bottom line is, did we beat Ipswich? Yes. Did we give Charlton a damn good hiding? Yes. The stick that comes is from fans who don't like getting beat.

"We have been over-achieving for three years now and the reason for that is that we work together on our strengths. Nobody can tell me that our style of play isn't effective.

"I would encourage people to analyse a but further what we do. Look at Charlton for example with their "expansive passing" style. Their two goals last week came from set-pieces and crosses - the same as ours.

"It's horses for courses. I try and remain calm when I hear this criticism but we are in the business of winning. There are a lot of teams who try and play nice pretty football but that is why they are not where we are - at the top."

Comments

• Options
    Boothroyd is such a front bottom
  • Options
    Arrogant or accurate?
  • Options
    Was it a game of two halves, yes, did we give them a good hiding last month? yes.

Is Adi a Neil Warnock, yes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"We have been over-achieving for three years now"

Bottom of the premiership?
  • Options
    Take it with a pinch of salt.

Warnock come out with similar bull after they lost to Leicester, warning the 'big clubs' that they won't fancy facing Palace, and they went and didn't win one of them.

I admire Boothroyd in the fact he has worked his way up, and is effective is getting teams organised, playing for each other and playing with pride. Its effective at this level but not clever enough for the step up.

But i cannot warm to the man one bit and would hate to see his brand of football here.
  • Options
    To be fair to Boothroyd, Pardew's so called expansive game has only really been seen at the start of the season & since the turn of the year when we changed tactics.
  • Options
    The guy has no neck and as such cannot be taken seriously
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]The guy has no neck and as such cannot be taken seriously
    Well he needs to wind his no neck in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]The guy has no neck and as such cannot be taken seriously
    Well he needs to wind his no neck in

Then he'd look like an angry version of Touche Turtle
  • Options
    touchecel.bmp