Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Says

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Fella I shall be up there from about 7 Fri, I will give you a call at somepoint and we can have a beer. Dan

Comments

• Options
    not sure he can get on here today, will let him know, although we're in liverpool friday, and blackpool saturday.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Theres no way I'm letting Les out with you on friday night , we are going out for a candlelit meal and then a romantic stroll on the beach . If he thinks this weekend is a boys jolly up then he's got another think coming

What Sooz really meant
  • Options
    LOL Shag
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Theres no way I'm letting Les out with you on friday night , we are going out for a candlelit meal and then a romantic stroll on the beach . If he thinks this weekend is a boys jolly up then he's got another think coming

What Sooz really meant

you've learnt a new skill in fake quoting people and love using it don't you!

its "thing coming" not think btw. Are you coming to Blackpool?
  • Options
    sorry, that should have read - Are you allowed to come to Blackpool :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]LOL Shag

not sure why you're laughing. you know what i get like when angry :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]

What Sooz really meant

you're the best at fake quoting people and I love you using it !

its "thing coming" not think btw. Are you coming to Blackpool?

No it aint its THINK , I think .

No , not going - not allowed !
  • Options
    its thing you dimwit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]its think , you dimwit Suzanne.

See , cheers Curb it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northstand[/cite]Fella I shall be up there from about 7 Fri, I will give you a call at somepoint and we can have a beer. Dan

yeah, won't be over there til the saturday (morning hopefully) but definitely catch up for a few before and/or after. can't wait for this one, mate.

and don't listen to shag, he's got the hump cos his missus is making him go ikea (croydon branch).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Northstand[/cite]Fella I shall be up there from about 7 Fri, I will give you a call at somepoint and we can have a beer. Dan[/quote]

yeah, won't be over there til the saturday (morning hopefully) but definitely catch up for a few before and/or after. can't wait for this one, mate.

and don't listen to shag, he's got the hump cos his missus is making him go ikea (croydon branch).[/quote]

No problem son, will call you on the day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]its thing you dimwit.
    No it's not. Shag is right; it's "another think coming".

"You have another think coming"
    "If you think that, you have another think coming" means "You are mistaken and will soon have to alter your opinion". This is now sometimes heard with "thing" in place of "think", but "think" is the older version. Eric Partridge, in A Dictionary of Catch Phrases, gives the phrase as "you have another guess coming", "US: since the 1920s, if not a decade or two earlier". Clearly "think" is closer to "guess" than "thing" is. The OED gives a citation with "think" from 1937, and no evidence for "thing". Merriam-Webster Editorial Department writes: "When an informal poll was conducted here at Merriam-Webster, about 60% of our editors favored 'thing' over 'think,' a result that runs counter to our written evidence."
    From The alt.usage.english FAQ File
  • Options
    If Someone said "another think coming" to me I would assume they had a cold !
  • Options
    i thought it was "another thing coming" ie. a slap :-)
  • Options
    ha ha suzi!

okay point taken pete. i standard corrected.
    shag is still a dimwit tho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ha ha suzi!

okay point taken pete. i standard corrected.
    shag is still a dimwit tho.

I agree and he needs a slap.
  • Options
    Cheers Pete , I knew I was right ....

Curb it + Sooze = erithaddick