Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney (P)?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
With the board level restructuring (albeit a financial thing rather than management) and need to cut back on wages, does anyone think Mr V might be on his way if we don't gain promotion?

Comments

• Options
    No.

He is an employee, and an extremely important one at that.
  • Options
    Why? Does he pick the team now as well so has to take the blame for us not going up.

A part from forgetting the proper name of Jimmy Seed Stand and thinking "live, love, laugh and be happy " is "hippy-ish" he does a very good job : - )
  • Options
    I very much doubt it.

I'm sure he does a more than capable job for the club as did many others who lost there jobs in the summer.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I have nothing against him personally, nor am I suggesting he's done a good or bad job, he was very accomodating when I had him at City Addicks, although he couldn't produce Curbs - I think that was more down to the beady eyed one himself not being arsed. I was purely thinking of finance and whether Murray might be getting more hands on, and after all we did scrap the women's team, and farm out Marcus Bent et al...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]he was very accomodating when I had him at City Addicks
    You what?! I knew the meetings were friendly but come on....
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    lol... like I said he was very accomodating.
  • Options
    Hope he's got over his belief that supporters are 'customers'. Other than that he's a lovely chap, and we'd be mad to lose him.
  • Options
    Had an offer from Celtic the year we went down the first time and didn't take it.
    Charlton through & through, he may one day go to the FA or premier league.
  • Options
    where does hes son play now?
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ahem..
  • Options
    lol

like it
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Clearly different reasons perhaps, anyway I wish him well though, all in all I think a good servant to the club, respect to him.