Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Threat of Burnley

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Quite alot of the press/media seam to be talking up Burnleys chances of promotion or atleast getting to the play off's this season, and seeing as we stole there top scorer off them, thought it may be interesting to see what the rest of you think?

Comments

• Options
    I have a friend who is a Burnley fan and he talks a load of twaddle most of the time. so their press people have probably been talking twaddle to the media bigging themselves up as well! :-)
  • Options
    If Andy Cole keeps putting them away, they'll be in with a shout
  • Options
    Why are we worrying about what other clubs may or may not do?
    You can't win a race by constantly looking over your shoulder.

We've lost something like 1 game in 10
    - so many teams will see Charlton as hard to beat.

We know that we've only won 3 of those games and have drawn matches we should really have won.

And we wouldn't even have lost at Scunthorpe without Moo2's almighty cock-up.
    So Pardew's focus has to tighten up on cutting out individual mistakes and being more clinical in front of goal.

It's time we turned draws into wins. Few other clubs will be able to live with us, let alone catch us, when we do.
    Keep the faith and let's see how it pans out.

And let Burnley worry about catching us.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited February 2008
    I think Pardew sent a message out when he dropped Moo2 immediately after his shocker....Scunny never would have scored that day.....however, it was one of those days when we needed someone to step up...and they didnt.

Despite the plethora of strikers....none look like scoring right at the minute except the new "Left winger" Luke Varney...Gray needs to have one in off the shins....Big Chris has obviously lost a bit of confidence and McLeod never had any to start with....the midfield, the centre backs and full backs need to really step up. I liked the way that Watford went for us last week....thats the mentality we need to adopt...they want it.....Pards needs to ensure that ours want it as much. We need to come out all guns abalzing tomorrow...cant wait.