Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday 5

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
1) Your best "feel good" Charlton moment.
2) Your best ever year(to date).
3) Best ever thing to happen to you
4) Best ever CAFc "in your face moment"
5) Best bit of CAFC stuff u have.

me
1) Carlisle when we won promotion by a mile. Every time i think of that whole weeked (4 days !!). It just makes me smile .
2) 1981. went to Hungary/Norway and switzerland with england.Paris with a GF and lived for 6 months in a nurses hostal. Got interviwed by CBS on the Royal Wedding nite in London as well.
3) Meeting my wife. Who has changed my life.
4) Beating the Goonershit 4 v 2 and making apoint to track down every gooner i worked with to give them "the good knews".
5) The Valiant 500 book. Sent to me in Thailand by my mum and dad. Signed by them both and my name being in the first 100 !

Comments

• Options
    playoffs,sunderland
    2005,stopped with certain substances
    my girls
    doing millwall at upton
    never bought any tops or scarves so i would say the playoff final video.
  • Options
    1. Has to be the Play-off final
    2. 1990, split up with GF (Bermondsey slag) and then had the time of my life...
    3. Close call, the birth of my children just over meeting my present wife.
    4. With you on this one...
    5. A picture of the old Valley taken from the air..the terracing looks amazing..
  • Options
    1. Woolwich town centre " back to teh Valley were going back to the Valley"
    2. most except last year
    3. Suffering teh majot OP i had it was touch and go
    4. theres a few
    5. Les Reeds door plague from teh training ground the day after he was sacked sitting on my desk at home always gives me a chuckle when i look at it.
  • Options
    great questions GH

1. Either the VFR at the end of the Spurs game last year, or walking into the William Camden after the Wembley game. Was absolutely drained and got off the train planning to go straight back home. Could hear the singing through the windows so went in, and turned into one massive party.

2. Hoping i haven't had it yet because i can't really pick one as brilliant. 1996 was a decent one, 9 of us had the best two-week lads holiday in Gran Canaria you could imagine, Euro96, Britpop breaking through etc.

3. My wedding couldn't of gone any better. Perfect day then a storming party

4. No hesitation - taking the piss in the snow at Millwall

5. A website !!
  • Options
    Your best "feel good" Charlton moment. Back to the Valley and after the play-off final in the Liberal club but would also say the party at Old Trafford when we went down and they sang "you'll be back". It was just after the Valley Party election and we had a future despite relegation

Your best ever year(to date). Hard to say. 1979 Left home, living in a squat in Hackney, seeing loads of bands, being 17/18 and doing a lot of growing up.

3) Best ever thing to happen to you My son being born. Football doesn't touch it.

4) Best ever CAFc "in your face moment" Millwall in the Snow

5) Best bit of CAFC stuff u have. My framed shirt with "Hayes - Director" on the back that Richard Murray gave me, my Charlton badges, 100s of them or maybe the oil painting of the 7-6 game that my dad painted in 1964 and which I re-found in my loft last week.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

5. A website !![/quote]

Which one is that, Addickted? : - )
  • Options
    redtube.com......
  • Options
    1) gotta be the play-off final....both Wembley and St Andrews
    2) 2007 - little girl born
    3) see No. 2
    4) two 4-2 games spring to mind, Arsenal away and Chelsea home boxing day...after those games I hunted down every Arse and Chels fan I knew !!!!
    5) 1947 cup final programme
  • Options
    1) Got to be the playoff final. I was in my teens and I had a millwall and spurs fans with me, both with their faces painted in the red and white. I remember as we went 7-6 up and all the whispers going round about the scoreline. It was almost inevitable that we were going to win but the moment for me has to be about 10 minutes after we left the ground, totally shattered and feeling like you were floating on air and that you had witnessed something that you were truely lucky to have seen. Not just as a fan but because it was one of the most amazing matches that will probably ever grace Wembley.

2) I think that ones still to come.

3) The birth of my little girl. Who'd have thought that my lack of responsbility could turn out so well

4) Banging in 4 at Highbury. Watching Richard Wright flap at Jensen's sweet sweet chip and knowing that all those mouthy arrogant Arsenal fans were going to be absolutely gutted.

5) I have an old signed short. The Green and white third? kit. I unfortunately as a kid couldnt manage to keep it clean and went out playing in the park in the mud in it. My mum had to wash it and lots of the names faded.
  • Options
    1) Your best "feel good" Charlton moment. - The play off final
    2) Your best ever year(to date). - Still to come
    3) Best ever thing to happen to you - Meeting the GF
    4) Best ever CAFc "in your face moment" - Steve Jones equaliser at Maine Road to make it 2-2, it shut them gobby mancs up
    5) Best bit of CAFC stuff u have. - Frame smaller version of the big Che Hales flag signed by Killer himself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5) Best bit of CAFC stuff u have. - Frame smaller version of the big Che Hales flag signed by Killer himself[/quote]

Sell it on E-bay. Must be worth a bomb.
  • Options
    1. Play off final at Wembley with the directors for the day and with the team afterwards.
    2. 99, little girl being born.
    3. Having a tracotomy.
    4. Millwall in the snow.
    5. Signed programme from Keith Peacock's game as sub.
  • Options
    1) Your best "feel good" Charlton moment.

Play-off final vs Leeds at St Andrews

2) Your best ever year(to date).

This year is pretty good.

3) Best ever thing to happen to you

Being offered my current job.

4) Best ever CAFc "in your face moment"

Millwall in the snow.

5) Best bit of CAFC stuff u have.

Never collect memorabilia.
  • Options
    1) Play off final
    2) 99 & this year hasn't been so bad
    3) Meeting my girlfriend
    4)Newcastle away when we won 4 3 was quite poignant for me
    5) A window poster advertising Roda Kerkrade v CAFC which I nicked from a womans hairdressers in Kerkrade prior to the game. Still have it on the wall in my front room.
  • Options
    1) Play Off Final and Leeds Play off

2)1996 stag do in Blackpool and gettin married

3)Birth of all 3 kids

4)Newcastle away 3-0 down won 4-3 the geordies wanted to kill us

5)Picture of Northstandjoe presenting MOM to Millsy this year.Great photo!!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    1) Close between 5th December and the Play off final

2) 1988 Charlton in the top flight, went to Euro 88 played 3, lost 3 but a great time. All the away games, it was "what time are we leaving?" not "Are you going?"

3) Very personal

4) The local election vote count in Woolwich town hall. Head of the Labour council''s planning department got himself arrested after a scuffle with one of the Valley Party candidates. Seeing the worried look on the faces of the Labour party chiefs after they realised we were going to get more than a few hundred votes. Seeing the leader of the council walk out in discust when he found out that the Valley Party were entitled to give an end of election speech after the count. Hastily writing the speech, I think we ended it with something like "I sure now that the council can no longer treat this football club as an irrelevance"

5) A 1930's club handbook and a signed shirt by the 1990-91 squad.