Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only 120 programmes available for away fans at Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Reams are you sure you didn't log into your own site using someone elses details and post that blackpool thing?

as if you'd ever do that
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2008
    Peace Reams - We're all fans of Charlton man!!! Dan's a good guy - so less hate and a little more korma! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Peace Reams - We're all fans of Charlton man!!! Dan's a good guy - so less hate and a little more korma! ;-)

And who are you trying to curry favour with?
  • Options
    Sorry guys but when I was getting my site up and running he was bending over backwards to create problems for me going over the whole thing with a tooth comb.

I downloaded some pictures which I never knew were previously part of his website and used 2 of them at the very start and the next thing I knew he was reporting me to different people left right and centre when all he had to do was accept my apology and move on.

Yet he went out of his way to create an issue which in my book will continue until I have said my piece to him.

So much for we are all Charlton eh!! Ive heard he has previous for this type of thing and inevitably as time goes on the day comes when you pick on the wrong guy.
  • Options
    Buckshee as a matter of fact no I never and you have no evidence to suggest I have ever done such a thing.

Surely all it would take is for you to go onto the Blackpool site and ask them on there if this guy is genuine.

Why you would ever think that I would mislead Charlton fans like that is beyond me, obviously I don't have a very good reputation amongst alot of you for what ever reason but there you go
  • Options
    Just does what any other webmaster would do and protect their intellectual rights and property!

Unlike most of us, it's his job, business, life - so he has the right to guard what is his.

If you took photo's from Empics or the BBC without obtaining permission then you know you would be in trouble.

Paul, I'd call Dan a very good mate and I know him well. It wasn't done maliciously, it was done to protect his business.

Time to move on, bigger axes to grind - i.e. the continuing Murdochisation of the web....
  • Options
    I totally agree BDL but I was pretty raw to the copyright laws at the time having left rivals and no longer used the pictures automatically provided for me by them so I scoured other sources like google and that's how it occured, it was a total innocent mistake of which I held my hands up and admitted to making a mistake and apologised.

What annoyed me was the fact that all he had to do was contact me and advise me of my shortfall but instead he went straight over my head to my superiors and I think that was unecessary and a little bit sneaky.

I have my photo's sorted now thankfully BDL but I have to disagree on the malicious part of your post because as I have said he could have come to me with the issue instead of the route he took.

Whatever he was hoping to achieve by this failed anyway but I have to admit it left a bad taste in the mouth when normally it would take a hell of a lot to get me wound up.
  • Options
    BDL, I know you work alongside Dan but him coming out with protecting his intellectual property is very very rich indeed.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont get the eddie murphy picture?

Just for the look he's giving

you do realise rothers that you dont look much like the chap in that pic!! ;-)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]BDL, I know you work alongside Dan but him coming out with protecting his intellectual property is very very rich indeed.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

I don't like Tea - horrible stuff. Yuck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Henry said about Dan, he has a charge sheet that's as long as his arm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What Henry said about Dan, he has a charge sheet that's as long as his arm

So I hear! Oh well onwards and upwards eh Sash? ;0)
  • Options
    I'll remember that when I nick someone's Intellectual property in the future, I hear club can be brought off quite easily with a few graphics, better get the spectrum zx out.
  • Options
    Mind, you, Reams, care to answer why this thread on your website suggesting someone should "die screaming" is still live?
  • Options
    I don't get where your coming from on this one Inspector neither did I get the thread that asked me to apologise for my Frankie Valley thread, what is it exactlty I am supposed to have said that has offended?

The guy in my opinion was bang out of order for his comments and those people who saw the names of their loved ones appear on the screen will agree with me.
  • Options
    So you're condoning a death threat appearing on your website? Charming.
  • Options
    Inspector I hardly think it is a death threat and I regard this as a little bit of an over reaction.

The comments made by FV were in my and many other peoples opinions, tasteless, tactless and said with a total disrespect for those who had lost their lives and their loved ones who were looking forward to seeing the names honoured by the club.

I started the thread regarding his conduct and although I moderate my messageboard daily, this guy deserved everything he got and I do not deem the content as threatening.

Furthermore the poster of the thread that you refer to is a very highly respected member of CEC and although I do not know him personally, what I do know is that it would take a lot to make him react in the way that he did and with that in mind I let the post stand.

I am surprised that you are concentrating on the individual thread rather than what instigated it in the first place
  • Options
    Reams, you run that website. You're responsible for what's written on it. If I was the police, I'd view an invitation to "die screaming" pretty dimly - I don't care who wrote it, and it doesn't matter what provoked it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Reams, you run that website. You're responsible for what's written on it. If I was the police, I'd view an invitation to "die screaming" pretty dimly - I don't care who wrote it, and it doesn't matter what provoked it.

I agree Inspector. Reams, surely it wouldn't hurt just to edit out that very last bit - now that it's been brought to your attention?
  • Options
    Thankyou for your feedback and I appreciate the fact that you obviously read my site.

Having considered all the facts I will delete the whole thread but this does not reflect on the user who posted it because I am sure that emotions were running high after the content of the original blog and normally Appy is a very well respected member by myself who always contributes positively to the site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont back down mate.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    its another dig at u dont let em drag u down u didn't post it,just let it go over your head like another clown shot at goal
  • Options
    After all that, did anyone get one of the limited edition programmes?
  • Options
    whoever did i bet thats a real collectors item;-)
  • Options
    Guys im made of sterner stuff than to be picked on by certain people on here so don't worry it's only a very cheap and cowardly attempt at computer bullying wouldn't happen in the flesh I can assure you
  • Options
    i have heard your a lump.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Guys im made of sterner stuff than to be picked on by certain people on here so don't worry it's only a very cheap and cowardly attempt at computer bullying wouldn't happen in the flesh I can assure you

I certainly hope you aren't referring to me?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    No not at all Off_it, they know who they are, just like I do
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]No not at all Off_it, they know who they are, just like I do

Oh, that's all right then. Guess I'll have to try harder in the future!
    ;o)

(that WAS a joke, btw!)