Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ITV want some Charlton fans (or least that's what they say)

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
I suspect that have just sent this to contacts at all the clubs but will still only take calls from big four + Spurs fans.

Cynical! Me?

Soccer Night Extra-Time – now you really can shout at your telly!

ITV Local, the new broadband internet TV service, is about to roll-out its successful Saturday night results show to the nation.

The website has been broadcasting a live and fully interactive football results phone-in show since the start of the Year – and now the show is about to get bigger and better.

Hosted by ITV, Sky and Eurosport sports presenter Kevin Piper, former Arsenal striker Perry Groves and Linda O’Brien – the show is a first for ITV, a nationally focused internet only football show.

Kevin Piper said: “We’re aiming to provide a something a little bit different. We giving fans the chance to tell it like it is - good, bad, or plain indifferent. Broadband is very much part of the future of broadcasting, so it’s great to be leading the way.”

Perry Groves, who’s book We All Live in a Perry Groves World outsold Ashley Cole’s auto-biographical effort said: “It’s great to finally get off the subs bench to play a leading role in something. I’ve never worried about upsetting anyone, I say what I like and voice opinions which seem to be popular with the fans.”

The show, which has already featured the likes of Paul Merson, Graham Roberts and Barry Fry, will include regular features, interviews and competitions.

Viewers will be able to email or call 01603 753000 to take part in the debate. It would be great to get some Charlton fans on the show.

Take a look at ITV Local Anglia at www.itvlocal.com/anglia/.

For more information contact:

Soccer Night producer Jo Drewry 01603 753032 email jo.drewry@itv.com

Channel Manager Rob Halden-Pratt 01603 752276 – email rob.halden.pratt@itv.com

Comments