Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another casualty of our success

The main supporters club,in the old days it used to be the heartbeat of the club,I know we have the various different branches now but why did the main branch close down?

Comments

• Options
    I asked about a year ago, and got threatened for asking.

So I think it's the sum total of nothing, multiplied by sweet FA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I asked about a year ago, and got threatened for asking.

So I think it's the sum total of nothing, multiplied by sweet FA

Why would you be threatened for asking a non threatening question?
  • Options
    Ive asked the same thing...no replies
  • Options
    someone must have the definitive Mr Hayes can you enlighten us?
  • Options
    Dunno NSS, got pushed against the wall, and told not to ask questions, after asking what I thought was a fair question.

I think what they do is take £7 off people, and then a load of coin for arranging the PoTY, which I think they get on the cheap
  • Options
    sounds like the masons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Dunno NSS, got pushed against the wall, and told not to ask questions, after asking what I thought was a fair question.

I think what they do is take £7 off people, and then a load of coin for arranging the PoTY, which I think they get on the cheap

who did you ask?
  • Options
    where did you ask this question then?
  • Options
    I asked it on the mailing list, and then got the reaction outside the Oak.

I got called a 'little upstart' as well, which is fair
  • Options
    i didn't think nice club charlton especially supporters club peeps were like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ooooo i bet i know.
  • Options
    come on b spill the beans
  • Options
    Was it SB?

Very sad to see what had happened to the SC but I'm no longer a member, Bromley Addicks left CASC completely as we felt that we were better off on our own and we should either be in or out unlike some branches that pick and choose which bits of the SC they want to support.

Some local groups like Bromley, Essex, City Addicks, in a slightly different way, still do some good work and provide a focus in their area but for me there was and is far far too much in-fighting and "big fish, small pond" stuff going on.
  • Options
    was it Sue T?

lololol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]was it Sue T?

lololol

SZ v ST. Hard one to call. : - )
  • Options
    being thrown up against a wall for asking a question like that?

glad I am not in the "inner circle"

God forbid I ever questioned the sense of selling bottled beer in the ground
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    should have done him Sach