Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The fans Director

Henry has stated (correct me if im wrong Ben) that he feels it may not continue in it's present format.As a V.I.P. holder I thought it was set in stone that we would always have a FANS DIRECTOR?

Comments

• V.I.P is over though isn't it? It needs looking at, cause despite Ben's work the role has kind of lost it's purpose
  • with the gap between the fans and board I feel ever widening i think it is imperative we have a fans director.When i say widening i use the abandoment of Junior reds as a example and lack of a xmas party for the kids.
  • I didn't say it wouldn't. I asked the question should it and if so in what format.

As Rothko says VIP is long gone but the club continued it after they had to and extended the voting to all ST not just VIPs
  • Have we got a fans director then?

Who is it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Have we got a fans director then?

Who is it?

Sue Townsend
  • Thanks Henry.

I thought it was Vince. What ever happened to him anyway? Took my vote and disappeared - that's what. Always knew I should've voted for Brian Cole.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Thanks Henry.

I thought it was Vince. What ever happened to him anyway? Took my vote and disappeared - that's what. Always knew I should've voted for Brian Cole.

I think your vote has been stored on Lapata's laptop for future use ; - )
  • "Lapata's laptop"? There's a joke in there somewhere!
  • I think the role should continue and from my outsiders perpective, I think you've done an excellent job Ben. I realise that for the Director him or herself, it can be frustrating not being able to speak out/put the record straight but I think it shows a positive and progressive face of the club. I think having "one of us" on the board gives marks us out as different to any of our rivals .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I think the role should continue and from my outsiders perpective, I think you've done an excellent job Ben. I realise that for the Director him or herself, it can be frustrating not being able to speak out/put the record straight but I think it shows a positive and progressive face of the club. I think having "one of us" on the board gives marks us out as different to any of our rivals .

Thanks Bing, It is frustrating sometimes but that is part of the role that I and the fans have to accept. I think it was a real fear of the boards that all the candidates were talking about more communication and openness and that that would be taken too far.

I'm torn between seeing it continue in its present form and wanting supporter representation to be moved forward which means, for me at least, away from one person and becoming more about direct action and accountability.

We shall see.
  • [[I'm torn between seeing it continue in its present form and wanting supporter representation to be moved forward which means, for me at least, away from one person and becoming more about direct action and accountability.

We shall see.[/quote]

I feel a committee coming on.
  • How did the Morrissy song go?

"Bloggers of the world unite"

:-)