Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red, Red, Robin No Home fans in the Jimmy Seed, other

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
snide digs at the fans or are you actually man enough to put your hands up and say you and the players bolloxed it up Pards?

I'm not one to criticise players or management lightly but you yourself, SuperAl, identified these two away games as must win and slagged off our away support at the same time.

It appears we took our full quota of fans to Blackpool Pards so where did it go wrong?

Comments

• "Tricky pitch...difficult conditons...physical team...intensity...mental battles...blah, blah, blah"
    Or maybe he might just say that we were not good enough.

Am looking at trying to go Sheff Utd next week as it's now looking like an even more crucial game, but I have to say that for all the manager's positive words, the situation is starting to look more than a bit worrying.
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]"Tricky pitch...difficult conditons...physical team...intensity...mental battles...blah, blah, blah"
    Or maybe he might just say that we were not good enough.

Am looking at trying to go Sheff Utd next week as it's now looking like an even more crucial game, but I have to say that for all the manager's positive words, the situation is starting to look more than a bit worrying.

Or maybe he might say that HE is just not good enough.
  • who does the palace finger point at now!
  • edited February 2008
    Interesting that he picked out Halford to slag off.

"The two centre-halves and the right full-back - again - was poor. I've said that to them so I've got no problem saying it now."
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Interesting that he picked out Halford to slag off.

"The two centre-halves and the right full-back - again - was poor. I've said that to them so I've got no problem saying it now."

CA, I hate to contradict you but he didn't single out Halford, he criticised the three of them - read it again mate. Also he doesn't mention Basey, perhaps to spare the young lad, but does say elsewhere that we missed Youga.

Len, to be fair to Pards, he didn't pull his punches against the players today, and he has been honest in the past if he felt he f*cked up - bring on McCarthy against Stoke away, comes to mind.
  • "No disrespect to Grant Basey but we really missed Kelly Youga. Some players have to sweat now to see if they get the chance to repay the damage of today.”

The same Kelly Youga that Pardew didn't think was good enough, until a few injuries meant he had to bring him in.
  • What I don't see is any apology to the fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]What I don't see is any apology to the fans.

He has nothing to apologise for, our support IS shit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]What I don't see is any apology to the fans.

Heard from Gumbo that only Matt Holland came over to our fans at that end to acknowledge them. That's piss poor.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]What I don't see is any apology to the fans.

Were you there? 1700 people spent probably an average of £50 each (in many cases more due to the large quantities of alcohol required afterwards to blot out that rubbish). That deserves a bit more respect than you are giving us and than Pardew does.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]

Heard from Gumbo that only Matt Holland came over to our fans at that end to acknowledge them. That's piss poor.

Medders, I don't think many of the supporters were that bothered by then to be honest. Three or four of them came over, but I couldn't tell you who as I was just keen to get away from the place and find some beers!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I was just keen to get away from the place and find some beers!

And I don't blame you Weegie!