Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts On Blackpool Result

SE7SE7
edited February 2008 in General Charlton
I've said it before and I'll say it again if we carry on dropping simple points and our consistancy does not improve we can wave goodbye to the Premier League next year!!!

Comments

• Options
    We'll be waving goodbye to the premier league next year if we go up anyway
  • Options
    It's because we play Red, Red, Robin before the game and have opposition fans in the Jimmy Seed and don't take enough fans to away games.

Absolutely nothing to do with the Management or players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jac52[/cite]We'll be waving goodbye to the premier league next year if we go up anyway

But at least we would be in it if we went up.
  • Options
    pretty pissed off to be honest.
  • Options
    As I've said on the match thread: Really dissapointing but it's done. We can't change the result. Move on.

As for promotion we're now 10 points behind. Top two will be difficult (yes it's an understatement) but it's not impossible. I too feel that we'd probably bounce if we do go up but it'd be the chance to build again as we did after the play off win 10 years ago.
  • Options
    a f4ck1nb disgrace, too many players not up for it, and too many charlie big bollox. hope they hurt like the fans
  • Options
    if lens pissed then i no where in trouble,not good enough,stop whining pardew.
  • Options
    fcuking useless.... was home for Watford game last week. Midfield is way too light.....Zhen Zhi is a luxury who we cannot afford at the mo and Holland is too old.....gotta question Pards. 2-0 up last week I would have took off a striker. He buys too many forwards and wingers when we all know we need central mids. Very disappointed with this result today. We can say goodbye to automatic promotion. Can we entice Johnson away from Bristol City. What a job he is doing !!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]As I've said on the match thread: Really dissapointing but it's done. We can't change the result. Move on.

As for promotion we're now 10 points behind. Top two will be difficult (yes it's an understatement) but it's not impossible. I too feel that we'd probably bounce if we do go up but it'd be the chance to build again as we did after the play off win 10 years ago.

It is impossible Alex and as much as I appreciate your optmism sometimes a few home truths need to be said.We should have had a replacement lined up when Reidy was sold.I know the amount we were lookin for only came in at the end of the window but we knew it was always a possibility so should have had a fee agreed for a player if and when the acceptable amount came in.We are crying out for some real class in the middle of the Park and the money we spent of Gray would have been better spent on Houlihan,who is bloody younger as well with the possibility of selling him on and making money,something that wont happen with Gray.
  • Options
    How many games have we won without Reid in the side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not many
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]How many games have we won without Reid in the side?

Yes, Ried was a very good player, but please everyone get over him!
  • Options
    i know we have to chirpy but its the management/board ineffective response in finding a replacement i find hard to accept.
  • Options
    Agreed Chirpy, but Halford and Cook were hardly a replacement. We sold our best player, our captain and a good influence on the dressing room - and now we are seeing the consequences.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i know we have to chirpy but its the management/board ineffective response in finding a replacement i find hard to accept.

The muppets on the board deciding to sell our best players late in a transfer window make it impossible for a replacement to be found.
  • Options
    Yes, I think we shouldn't of sold him and waited until at least the summer and he may have been a influence in the dressing room and he did give the team a spark when he played but sadly he has gone and we need to think about our new midfield without Riedy.
  • Options
    no its not impossible a lot of teams agree deals in principle should other moves materialise.We didn't
  • Options
    chirps you speak a lot of sense for one so young,dont let charlton make you bitter and twisted like the rest of us!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]chirps you speak a lot of sense for one so young,dont let charlton make you bitter and twisted like the rest of us!!!!

He gets it from his mother's side:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]no its not impossible a lot of teams agree deals in principle should other moves materialise.We didn't

We didn't because we have muppets in charge of the club who make a £9.9 million loss during a financial year most of which was as a Premiership club. I don't call this a particularly good way of running a business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    very disappointed in the performance - it was only a month ago we smacked this mob 4-1 and should have been 5 or 6 so god knows what has changed.

As for Pardew he has made a very big rod for his own back from the good lads that travelled up, a few of my mates included, after his backhanded dig at the fans. Not to mention the doom mongers Like charlie block and reams who on his own site said he was sat there sharpening his knives - .

Anyway play offs at best ho hum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]As I've said on the match thread: Really dissapointing but it's done. We can't change the result. Move on.

It is impossible Alex and as much as I appreciate your optmism sometimes a few home truths need to be said.We should have had a replacement lined up when Reidy was sold.I know the amount we were lookin for only came in at the end of the window but we knew it was always a possibility so should have had a fee agreed for a player if and when the acceptable amount came in.We are crying out for some real class in the middle of the Park and the money we spent of Gray would have been better spent on Houlihan,who is bloody younger as well with the possibility of selling him on and making money,something that wont happen with Gray.

Steve, If it's impossible my maths is rubbish :)

I didn't think our season was dependant on Reid, he is Andy Reid after all not Ronaldo. I still think it was a good deal financially and, if your going to look at things practically, you can't ignore the financial position of the Club. I agree with you that the Reid deal happening at the end of the window was, once again, unfortunate timing and something could have been in place before the deal was finally done.

As far as how the money was used (what was made available) Pards always wanted a replacement for Toddy and Gray seemed to be the chosen one (not that he plays a Toderov type of role).

I'd love to have Hoolihan too, he really impressed me at the Valley and I seemed to hear his name all the time on the commentary today. Not Sure if Blackpool would have been too keen on letting him go or I think there'd be a queue of Clubs knocking on their door.

Dissapointed? Sure. Blindly optimisistic? Well, optimistic anyway.

Live, love, laugh and be happy!
  • Options
    good post mate,I love this club they just bloody hurt me from time to time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]good post mate,I love this club they just bloody hurt me from time to time
    LOL, it's the pain and pleasure principle :)
  • Options
    Ledge get a grip, not only do you find fault with everything I say on here but now your looking what I'm saying elsewhere, I did not realise that I was so significant in your life.

Let me tell you something when my old man and Lennie were at the helm, I travelled down for one game and it was shit and I told him so, I got a clip around the ear but I tell it as I see it and will always speak my mind.

I would go down town tonight and call the biggest gorilla on any pub door what I think of him if it meant getting something off my chest. I speak my mind as others do but drop the other site nonsense will you it's getting boring.
  • Options
    im just like that reams,glad so as well.
  • Options
    Feckin' hell
  • Options
    hi adam spoke to a few up there today not a happy bunch, what does feckin hell mean (the krono to drown the pain has blurred my thinkin)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It's because we play Red, Red, Robin before the game and have opposition fans in the Jimmy Seed and don't take enough fans to away games.

Absolutely nothing to do with the Management or players.

Snap Len! I was think that myself. It really f*cks me off to hear all that "not enough noise/support, away fans jumping up and down in the Jimmy Seed etc" crap. It really is a red herring and placed there specifically to deflect from poor performances.

Look at the massively supported WIgan Athletic in their over-sized Rugby Ground home. Has their vocal support and away supporter accomodation made a jot of difference to their Premier League status. On the other hand, the passionate Rams and Mackem fans, have really made a huge difference to their league status over the last ten years has it? It's total loblocks. What makes the difference is good management and decent players, period.
  • Options
    Which we have neither of on both counts