Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women's team

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone interested in the women's team? They had a home game against Liverpool at Princes Park, Dartford FC. They scored a great goal inside 2 minutes from Claire Williams as she ran on to a decent pass only to see her first shot rebound back off a defender but the rebound was clinically half-volleyed into the net. Liverpool responded when Charlton failed to clear an up and under into their box and the ball was headed in past keeper Becky Musial by a Liverpool forward. Toni-Anne Wayne had a couple of decent free kicks shots from distance to threaten the Liverpool goal, one forcing a great save from the Reds' keeper. Liverpool then dominated possession but failed to really test the Charlton defence at the game ended 1-1. Paul Mortimer must be happy as progress has definitely been made and they matched Liverpool in every department and now the unbeaten run has been extended to 3 games. Next game is a tough match next Sunday (2/3/08) at Doncaster Belles. I was one of the assistant referees today btw...

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Spankie, glad to hear the new team is starting to make progress, very definetly interested in their progress, but not really able to get to see them. Not able to see the reserves and Youth either but interested in their progress too.
  • Options
    Hoping to see a game before the end of the season. They have Birmingham on 13 April, Everton on 27 April and Chelsea which is currently TBA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite] I was one of the assistant referees today btw...

That would explain the result - and the fact that Liverpool had 5 chalked off for offside!
  • Options
    My daughter plays ladies football on a Sunday but if she has a week off and Charlton are at home we will go.
  • Options
    Spankie - don't suppose you noticed if there were any 'pro' photographers there?
  • Options
    Can't see that I did Medders to be honest although there was a very small crowd...
  • Options
    Thanks mate