Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why We Walked out at Blackpool

I have seen some dreadful matches over the years but this was the worst, why? .....
The players showed little skill
Except Varney and BigMac they showed little appetite for the encounter
The management were unable to adapt their tactics to the weather and the pitch
Dickoff was a pain, but I wish he was our pain
The accommodation was crap
Basically we were both so disappointed that a team that has skill and flair just didn't turn up and were beaten by a load of journeymen footballers who gave it their all.
It only took me 45 minutes to get home!

Comments

• Options
    The accommodation was crap

Really a reason to walk out of teh game LOL

The others i can unerstand
  • Options
    Have to say the chips in the burger van were top notch. Excellent service. Well done to the Blackpool Burger van ladies.
  • Options
    Although I had a 500 mile round trip on Saturday, I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my day. The whole experience reminded me so much of games back in the 70s when we hauled ourselves to places like Rotherham, Oldham & Carlisle only to get soundly beaten every single time. LOL. I think that some people take football far too seriously. Although we were absolutely shocking, I had a great day out!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Although I had a 500 mile round trip on Saturday, I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my day. The whole experience reminded me so much of games back in the 70s when we hauled ourselves to places like Rotherham, Oldham & Carlisle only to get soundly beaten every single time. LOL. I think that some people take football far too seriously. Although we were absolutely shocking, I had a great day out!!
    Totally agree Pete, top notch weekend ruined by a lacklustre performance.

Plus i lost my fish.
  • Options
    Who Nimo?

We lost our sheep as well, bit lucky for the sheep as it would have got it on the way home!!!

; - )
  • Options
    Indeed it was Nemo. He kept going flat all game - much like the team.
  • Options
    Credit to those that went. I must admit that after Scunthorpe i really didn't fancy Blackpool so i made a good decision there. Great away days ruined by 90 minutes in between are becoming the norm
  • Options
    I was the only one out of my lot left at the end.

Schoolboy error on their part as I had the whip :)
  • Options
    repsect to everyone that went who HAVE the right to moan.
  • Options
    Bloody freezing.....but stayed until the end....met some of the players at the hotel before the game, and Mrs Oz said she thought they were primma donnas....she was right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the players were in Syndicate on Saturday night, didnt bother talking to them, was wibbly by that point.
  • Options
    thats disgusting, did they think they deserved a night out?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Just as well I didn't bump into any of them! Would have found it difficult to keep my mouth shut!!
  • Options
    Main reason why I used to play golf before an away game - sometimes the footie became an irelevance after a good round on a different course somewhere.

I think you can probably blame me for the recent poor away performances - so far this season I have only witnessed 1 away defeat in the league (live) - obviously watched the TV games v Stoke & WBA and have not been able to get to the Scunny and Blackpool games.

therefore my record is 5 wins (Palace,Hull,Saints,Bristol City,Cardiff) 3 draws (Colchester,Norwich,Leicester) and 1 defeat (Wolves)

I will be going to Sheff Utd AND Burnley in the coming few weeks - hopefully 4 points or more to keep us in the top 6.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Some of the players were in Syndicate on Saturday night

they should have gone to church the following day thanking their lucky stars they didn't bump into any of our lot if the above is true... should have been sent straight back to london (by coach not poncy air travel) and cleaned the youth team's boots
  • Options
    They were on a coach...Kings Ferry silver jobby. I stood by the hoardings after the game and was willing that bunch of girlies to come over to acknowledge the fans.....of course they didnt bother. I saw a different side of the team at the hotel...one I didnt like I have to say....they are still acting like they are Premier league stars.....time to get real and realise they are in the CCC
  • Options
    Tel it aint just this lot mate. Years back when England lost to Norway (maggie thatcher, winston churchill we have given your boys a hell of a beating). I was staying in the SAS Oslo , so where he team. After one of the worst defeats ever (at that time) for an English national team. The players were on Champers in the hotel club. About 50 OB were trying to keep the England fans out the hotel, who wanted to hang a few of the players. What they forgot though was a good 30 of us were actually in the hotel. Only the late Brian Moore and Phil Thompson of Liverpool seemed in the least bit upset the rest were on a jolly. After about a n hour it started to get nasty and we were asked to leave the club. However Phil Neal was in the next room to me and i have to say i knocked on his door with my foot a few times during the night but he didnt have the balls to come out. Ron Atkinson got it big time in the lift moaning me only got £500 expences that week, thing was he said it in front of 6 fans who had payed a fourtune to see that shit.
    Best bit was 3 days after the team had gone i was leaving had my England shirt on went to pay my bar bill, room service bill and mini bar. They gave me a good few strange looks (used to that) and then said "dont worry the FA have already sorted the bill out !!!!!!!!" exit me very quickly.
  • Options
    Mate, I guess I expected better from our Club, but hey, they arent any better than the rest of the big time Charlie brigade
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]They were on a coach...Kings Ferry silver jobby. I stood by the hoardings after the game and was willing that bunch of girlies to come over to acknowledge the fans.....of course they didnt bother. I saw a different side of the team at the hotel...one I didnt like I have to say....they are still acting like they are Premier league stars.....time to get real and realise they are in the CCC

Think you will find that they did fly up there, and the coach went up there with the kit and picked them up at the airport and took them to the hotel.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    and gave them a footservant, ample toilet roll and further assistance if necessary probably guinness

any elaboration on your discontent at the hotel Tel?

EDIT> don't worry mate seen the other thread and i can fill in the gaps myself unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tel, i bet they didn't have to wait 25 minutes to get seated for breakfast !!!
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited February 2008
    Dan....lol...no mate.....I had mine delivered to the room on Sunday....and it was early.....very nice too. I did warn you...lol

ISLS I did elaborate mate, but on another thread