Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it me or is sixth not bad?

Maybe as an exile, I do not see all the inconsistent displays - and, yes, it is tough on the supporters who travel up to Blackpool and see a poor effort. However, no one really expected this season to be easy. Bringing in a new team meant that some things would work and others wouldn't. Frankly, I do not think the team is ready to go back up and, if it did, it would mean drafting in 15 new players before drafting in 15 different ones when we are relegated again. This is no way to run a business. I think we have to accept that some of the new players will come through next season and some will need to be part of a bit more wheeling and dealing. I saw the Stoke game and could see some good signs. I give it a good chance that next season will be better. Let's not have more turbulence by chucking out the manager. I am sure he has made some mistakes but I think he had a tall order this year. So far, he is not as good as Curbs, it would seem, at scraping points out of games, but I am pleased we didn't go into freefall given the overhaul that was necessary. Arguably, we have done better than Sheff U, because we had Darren Bent sell - otherwise, we may well have been at that end of the table. The play offs would be fun and raise some much needed cash, I am sure, but I am not sure we want to go up - and, I say that as someone who would much rather we played at the higher standard.

Comments

• Options
    great post
  • Options
    Things could be worse, we could be Palace!! By sacking the manager with 1/4 of the season left I really don't think thats gonna do us any favours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Things could be worse, we could be Palace!! By sacking the manager with 1/4 of the season left I really don't think thats gonna do us any favours.

This made me laugh:

Crystal Palace have transfer-listed and fined striker Shefki Kuqi, 31, two weeks' wages for gesturing to fans after being substituted against Wolves.
    "He has apologised to me and the fans - after the horse has bolted," boss Neil Warnock said after the 2-0 home defeat.

"I will be transfer-listing him immediately. I don't accept things like that, so that is the end of the matter.

"I have told him that I realise he was disappointed, it is not nice at times, but you cannot go off like that."
  • Options
    Was thinking the same its not all doom and gloom

1 Stoke 34 16 62
    2 Bristol City 34 2 61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Watford 34 14 60
    4 West Brom 33 25 55
    5 Plymouth 34 12 52
    6 Charlton 34 8 52

12 games to go its well within our reach
  • Options
    I'll be happy with 6th at the end of the season.
    Play-offs would be fun.

Maybe not Watford but Bristol City over two legs would be good and we'd beat them then a big day out at Wembley - 10 years on.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]I'll be happy with 6th at the end of the season.
    Play-offs would be fun.

Maybe not Watford but Bristol City over two legs would be good and we'd beat them then a big day out at Wembley - 10 years on.[/quote]

yeah but imagine losing that would be shite
  • Options
    on our day we can beat anyone put in front of us except so far scunny so as long as scunny dont reach the playoffs then i will be happy
  • Options
    sixth will be fine but lookin at the table this isn't a given.I think we have quite a hard run in.
  • Options
    Many people feel this is a sh@t league. I dont agree.

Just about every team in this league has something to fight for. Auto promotion,play off and relegation. And on their day as we know bottom can beat top.

So every game is going to be a scrap, hard fought etc. Now the big question is have we got the players and a team that can match up to that. We will soon see.
  • Options
    i always rated this league it gave me much joy and i could offer pearls of wisdom to those that dropped into it from the prem the words were it is one mother fecking hard bstd to get out of