Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surveying the wreckage of our season from afar

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
opinions please on :

Gray - good buy/bad buy

Sinclair - will he make a difference

Mac and Boogie or Mac and who ??

Comments

• Options
    Gray has something about him Large deffo holds the ball up really well but not sure if we are playing to his strengths enough hence the reason he hasn't score or quite frankly looked like scoring either. Plus side he's set up a few and feel once he gets his 1st he'll bang a few in but he needs to score in the next 2 games or the boo boys will get him dropped.

sinclair -assuming you mean chelsea's sinclair - of course he'll make a difference it's hard not to

Mac and Boogie were starting to gel big time IMO - Mac was the brawn and Boogie was starting to use his brain and looking like the player Pardew signed and it is no coincidence we have conceded more with Fortune in the side.
  • Options
    Gray...not impressed, think he is Andy No mates at the club...
    Depends which Sinclair...as Ledge says if its the Chelsea version then all I can sy is HOPEFULLY....
    Mac and Boogie, yes...the rest are sh*te
  • Options
    is Bougherra out for long? Must admit I was hoping that when I returned from Oz we would have kicked on and won five and drawn one of the games I'm missing but at this rate we'd have won only won once I return. Sheff Utd is now a big game and at least a point is imperative. Then two wins from the two home games and we are back on track, four points won't be a bad haul, but anything less and we'll be lucky to scrape into sixth spot.
  • Options
    wreckage of our season

Christ, I knew I shouldn't have bothered logging on today
  • Options
    Jury definitely out on Gray for me - his body language on Sat was terrible, even before he feebly missed a one on one. Think Pardew has already 'dropped' him by taking him off at half-time. He was meant to be joining us as a proven striker at this level - he doesn't show it and we don't have the luxury of time for him to settle in.

Sinclair - hypothetical as we ain't signed him!

Central defence - has been a weakness most of the season until Mac and Boogy were getting it together. Boogy has a foot injury, but not sure how serious. Could do with Sodje back in for Fortune asap.

Overall, confidence and team spirit look rock bottom. Can you call Pardew with some managerial hints?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
  • Options
    Gray - jury's out at the moment. From what i have seen he hold's the ball up well - but we were saying that about a certain Mr Leaburn 10/12 years ago & I had hoped we had moved on from those days. Also, cant see how Burnley replace him with andrew Cole who has hit 5 in as many games and Blackpool get Dickov who has done the same.......how come we always get the dross?

Sinclair - if you mean Dean then forget it. If you mean Scott then maybe, but I suspect its all paer talk and no-one is likely to come in before the deadline at the end of March.

Got to be Bougy & MacCarthy. Foutune has never really been good enough IMHO and rather bring back Sodje in a 5 man defence with Youga/Basey on the left and Moo2/Halford on the right bombing forward.

You picked a great time to get away.....by the time you are back we will be out of the play-off places in about 7th ot 8th spot.
  • Options
    Gray - I do hope buying him was not why we needed to sell Reid (surely a financial rather than football decision) doesn't seem to give an awful lot that big Chris doesn't so far..

Central defence - Fortune whether unlucky or just plain crap, he just don't do it for me. Although I do think the defence are difficult to pair up. Mac and Bougie seem to be nearest to being a decent pairing.

Not sure that Halford is much of a defender as has been said elsewhere. Basey seemed solid on previous ocassions.

Sinclair/Cook - What we lack in my view is not forwards but decent service, we are trying to address this via the long throws but more significantly with these wingers. Problem is these guys are loans and only recently added, which begs the question why wasn't this addressed in the summer, this lacking has been pretty evident for some time in my view?
  • Options
    So, all this talk of wreckage. I assume everyone would have been happier if we had started in the bottom three and progressed to mid-table now.
  • Options
    Wreckage? We're in the play off positions. Our bus hasn't crashed.

We might have a puncture, though ......... :o)