Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This site

Not a huge contributor myself, but an avid reader.

AFKA / Lookout - keep up the good work, don't let this weekend put you off. Most reasonable posters / lurkers understand the need for you to delete some of the rubbish written by the usual suspects this weekend.

Especially when it comes to offering people out and personal stuff. It's the fact that this hardly ever happens here that makes this site my first port of call.

When I want a laugh i log onto those sites. Sensible posts and points of view I log on here. Great for an exiled Addick.

Selfishly I'd rather go up via the playoffs this season anyway - it will mean I go to one game this season!

Comments

• Thanks sir, we're trying.
  • I think in every way this was quite an unusual weekend.

When I got back from Blackpool I was really looking forward to the usual post match exchanges which given the nature of the defeat was bound to be negative.

But it was just a long round of drivel from a small group who wanted to berate everything about the club.

Thankfully as the pilgrims have returned the posts have become more balanced.

But for a while it was definately hijacked.
  • Totally agree. This weekend has been a "blip" and I hope most have got the message that we post on here because we like the generally positive tone of the debates. We're all Charlton fans and that support is the glue that binds us all together. So yes to the odd moan of frustration, no to personal insults and pointless point scoring. After all there are plenty of boards to go on if you want that kind of stuff.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite] we post on here because we like the generally positive tone of the debates. We're all Charlton fans

personally , i don't mind the undertone of negativity about the team/management/away support;-) at the moment cos imo things aren't as good as they should be but when people start digging out the board that is ridiculous , they know they fcuked up with the dowie/reed fiasco but the amount of time/energy/money some of the board members have put in with no financial reward is the reason we had the GLORY YEARS under curbs and without that successsful period we'd all be thinking now was brilliant but expectation levels have risen so the expected standards of most fans have risen, well mine have and it's called progression onwards and upwards we must go e-i-e-i-e-i-o
  • well said oohaah

i do believe we tried to put that point across on saturday but some people just wouldnt have it, i personally dont mind the negativity but some of it just gets put everywhere and that is what i couldnt stand saturday
  • edited February 2008
    i am probably guilty of being too positive and get the hump with over negative comments and apologise if it has made this board go a bit mad but when someone starts saying new owners are needed that is going beyond ridicuolous
  • I agree with thecrazyaddick this is the only true site for the Addicted - keep up the good work Lookout & AFKA.

After I got home from Blackpool I could have written a lot of negative things but purposely stayed away until Monday. I still think the match was dire but it is no good blaming the Board, but I do support the right of supporters to do so, and that is the best thing about this site as usually we can have differing opinions and air them in an adult manner and with some humour - so to everyone who contributes - keep up the good work and remember we are still 6th!
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Thankfully as the pilgrims have returned the posts have become more balanced.

Because most of them don't remember anything about the game! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

i do believe we tried to put that point across on saturday but some people just wouldnt have it, i personally dont mind the negativity but some of it just gets put everywhere and that is what i couldnt stand saturday

How would you know - you were off ya tits!
    ;o)
  • true that was mcs fault he never mentioned that the fingers get you pissed