Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackwall Tunnel

2»

Comments

• Options
    or do as the politicians say and get on public transport. oh, thats what i did this morning, 1st bus had only half the journey advertised on the display on the front, so terminated halfway. then 2 buses went straight past packed to the rafters, and then after half an hour standing at a bus stop 3 buses come along at the same time.

they don't make it easy for us do they.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]your such a moaner woman!!

:-P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]or do as the politicians say and get on public transport. oh, thats what i did this morning, 1st bus had only half the journey advertised on the display on the front, so terminated halfway. then 2 buses went straight past packed to the rafters, and then after half an hour standing at a bus stop 3 buses come along at the same time.

they don't make it easy for us do they.

To be fair, it's hardly there fault that the main north/south route in the area was shut.
  • Options
    there is no "to be fair" about it really, it happens nearly every day.

if all of those drivers that they're trying to get off the roads got onto buses/trains etc, then there should be the service. there isn't, hence why they get on the roads in the first place, to get stuck in these problems.
  • Options
    Rothko, that would be a great point if the buses ran perfectly every other day, sadly that's not the case at all.
  • Options
    But those drivers were on the road already, then throw in the usual delays caused by the school run, and the roads where gridlocked, and unless they've invented hoover buses, they were going to be stuck in that traffic, it's the nature of buses.
  • Options
    Suzi i have to get a bus -- train-- tube---bus some days i just want to say f**k it and go home. The problem with more buses and the bendy buses etc they just make their own jams.
  • Options
    Personally I'll put bus lanes all the way along the Woolwich Road, A2, Charlton Road and Shooters Hill, all the way to North Greenwich, with summary punishment for car drivers who block em
  • Options
    So no incentive to leave the vehicle at home then?
  • Options
    armed OB at junctions who shoot cyclists on pavements or jumping red lights.

id pull down the Mayors building and make it a car park for 4 x 4.

just got our tickets for Thailand 25% in fuel charges and tax. Of course ALL other countires are doing this and no way is it the poor old people in the UK who are just geting shafted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sash tell me , are you red Kens rent boy?
  • Options
    As apologising is the new black on here, Sorry for putting a different view, viva the car and all who drive in them.
  • Options
    Viva's were crap, my old man had one.

Had to go to Canning Town today so got of at Charlton, saw the chaos and had a lovely walk up to Nth. Greenwich.

Regardless of the environmentalist brigade, we really do need at least another 3 crossings between Blackwall and Dartford. All those cars sitting still pumping out fumes has to be worse than moving traffic?
  • Options
    A road crossing at Woolwich and at Thamesmead would be a start. Today if ever there was a case for the emergency re-introduction of the contra flow through the other tunnel it should have happened. Though I don't know where the spill was.

Left for work had covered a mile in an hour and then went home went back in again at midday which took an hour for a normal 25 minute journey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

Regardless of the environmentalist brigade, we really do need at least another 3 crossings between Blackwall and Dartford. All those cars sitting still pumping out fumes has to be worse than moving traffic?

And when those crossings all fill up with traffic?

Face it - some people can't avoid driving. Plenty can, though. And plenty more could with a bit of help.
  • Options
    But isn't driving already a tiny % of commuters already, something like 4% or something....For every car there is at least 1 van or truck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

And when those crossings all fill up with traffic?

Face it - some people can't avoid driving. Plenty can, though. And plenty more could with a bit of help.

Eventually some bright spark in a lab will come up with a new clean power source and we'll all still be driving around, the car is king in this country and until we have a decent, integrated, affordable, properly run and capacious public transport system it always will be.

Let's face it, whatever happens it's madness that there are not more crossings in an area that is going to see thousands more homes being built. The whole area has a Victorian infrastructure trying to cope in the 21st Century, this morning showed what happens when it breaks own. Imagine the chaos with the extra people that they are planning to build for.

To put the record straight, I now use Public Transport, it's not that bad, it's not that good either - I leave the car at home and do about 200 miles each month compared to about the 300 each week I was doing up to September.
  • Options
    How's the tunnel been of an evening lately? My missus and her friend are going to see kylie tomorrow. They're travelling in from the north/ A13 end heading back that way after. Heard its shut for sometime during the evenings. Should I tell her to dump the motor and get the tube? Was really hoping she could go by car .
  • Options
    It shuts at 9pm SOUTH BOUND until about 5am
  • Options
    I use it to get to home games, have had no problems at all lately at evenings or weekends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It closes Sunday night to Thursday night 9 pm to 5 am southbound so as long as the misses comes through before 9 she will be ok to take car as coming home she will be going in the open direction.