Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could it be just what we needed!?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Might sound a bit strange to some, but having got a good shoeing by 'pool this weekend and the season entering the 'buisness' end of the year, this kinda slap in the face could just be wot we needed to wake us up again, pull ourselves together, and fight like rabid dogs till the end of the season, who knows we might even put a run together and surprise a few people coz that kinda performance and result can sometimes have a weird effect on teams (in a positive way i mean)
Plus were due a 'run' this year as for me it has'nt happened yet.................

Comments

• I get your point but people talked about a wake up call and needing to get our act together after Scunthorpe and since then we've taken 5 points from 4 games.
  • definately, we havent had a run or given out a convincing shoeing......yet! lets put those negative energies into support for the team in sheffield, and bristol and preston, and get this run well and truly on its way!
  • You know, I really hope youre right mate....Ive been full of optimism all season. I hope Blackpool was the end of our inconsistent run.
  • it could be the start of a consistent run of poor defeats given what a limp and disinterested bunch the players looked at Blackpool. i dont think anyone should underestimate how poor both the team and tactics were in the second half. it was not a one off but a culmination of the last few months.
  • Should be a wake up call but so should
    Colchester
    &
    QPR
  • Something has gotta happen, even palace have had there fun this year, and we seem to be one of the only clubs who have been around the top all year that have not put (and i know i keep saying it) but a run together.
    This has really frustrated me, but im still clinging onto the fact that our time is coming, and im gunna be there to see and enjoy it.
  • Thats good.Keep the faith,you need that and a sense of humour to be a Charlton fan.Never give up hoping that the next result will make you smile,whether you are there or not. West brom and Watford have slipped up lately,its not just us. Anything can happen between now and the end of the season.
  • Okay, I can now reveal the club's secret tactic.......

Don't peak too early.

Stoke, Bristol City, Watford - even the Orang-Utan outfit from Croyden have all peaked too early.
    We've flattered to deceive and deceived to flatter the whole season.

Bloodnut is right. Watch us smoothly slip through the gears as our dark horse comes from nowhere (well 6th, actually) to steal a last day promotion place.

Ha! All you men in white coats, you won't find me .........

:o)
  • Nor me ;-)