Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets for next season

2»

Comments

• Options
    Season tickets in the east and west stands were £450 and £475 for adults this season, and you have to factor in booking fees for buying tickets match by match. However, the point has been taken on board.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Season tickets in the east and west stands were £450 and £475 for adults this season, and you have to factor in booking fees for buying tickets match by match. However, the point has been taken on board.

Thanks for that - I knew they had been reduced from the previous year but I wasn't quite sure!

I appreciate it must be a difficult balancing act to maximise ST's while trying to encourage both home and away fans to attend as well - not easy in the second tier! Especially as most people seem to be anticipating a downturn in ST sales anyway - possibly creating a self fulfilling prophecy!
  • Options
    I don't remember seeing it mentioned here, but we're not the only club to have made this free season ticket if promoted offer. Burnley also made it this year.

There's no reason it can't be made every year, as the loss in one year's season ticket revenue is peanuts compared with the Sky money. Anyway, it hasn't cost us or Burnley anything this year.

My prediction for next season is 12,000 season tickets, tops. With the offer or without. It's not the lack of success, it's the poor quality of the long ball, low tempo (often no tempo), disorganised football.

And when I see a comment like this from Pardew:

"I thought we put in two great performances against Plymouth and Southampton."

it doesn't give me any confidence that he can improve things. Two efforts on target at home against a team of 35 year olds around the relegation zone = "great performance"?
  • Options
    You should count yourselves lucky with the cost of your season tickets.

I paid £595 for my ST this seasons (and that is in the cheapest price band, most expensive being around £875 IIRC). At a fans forum on wednesday night we was told it is going up next season another 5% (mine being £625, most expensive over £900). This wasn't too well recieved by the fans in attendance and when asked to justify the price hike the answer was "we're charging that, because we can".
    To rub salt into the wound, it was revealed at the forum that the squad has to be trimmed down from 29 players to 24 next season, so technically we are paying more for less!! And a lot less entertaining nowadays too!!
    New owners, but same old west ham taking the piss
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The club's got to pay for Lucas Neill's wages somehow mortain!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Mortain my Mrs gave up her Upton Valley season ticket this season for exactly that reason, she said the price was a joke. She paid £90 for her and her dad to go see the Pompey game the other night...they were not impressed and can't see them being in any rush to go again soon unless the prices fall dramatically.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]You should count yourselves lucky with the cost of your season tickets.

I paid £595 for my ST this seasons (and that is in the cheapest price band, most expensive being around £875 IIRC). At a fans forum on wednesday night we was told it is going up next season another 5% (mine being £625, most expensive over £900). This wasn't too well recieved by the fans in attendance and when asked to justify the price hike the answer was "we're charging that, because we can".
    To rub salt into the wound, it was revealed at the forum that the squad has to be trimmed down from 29 players to 24 next season, so technically we are paying more for less!! And a lot less entertaining nowadays too!!
    New owners, but same old west ham taking the piss

Don't forget the wonderful run you've had since Feb.

Nothing personal, but I'd laugh so much if you lost to Debry tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]The club's got to pay for Lucas Neill's wages somehow mortain!

His wages are peanuts compared to Fred "i'm too sexy for my pants" ljunberg.

[cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    Don't forget the wonderful run you've had since Feb.

Nothing personal, but I'd laugh so much if you lost to Debry tomorrow.

So will I mate.
    I have never ever bet against west ham but I am seriously tempted to place a sneaky £5 on derby tomorrow.