Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Galloway

2»

Comments

• I went to the Anti War/Bush demonstration in Washington DC the other year where Galloway gave a speech.
    At the time, I was extremely proud that a politician from my country spoke so eloquently at this rally and was given a thunderous applause by the massive thousands. Unfortunately, for me I can never take him seriously since he appeared on Big Brother and all the other cheap publicity stunts.
  • You are kidding ? proud of Galloway !!! a man who took a mass murderers money and spouts none stop bile about this country. also he should think on the fact he is allowed to spout his hatred in this country where he would be strung up by his very small testicles in some of the places he seems to think r the dogs bollox.maybe George Boy should go f**k off and live in some of the tin pot facist states he seems to love.

Leroy if 20 years ago someone had said " British jobs for British people" we would have thought it was the usual NF mantra. Todays labour Party think that its ok. despite under EU Law it to be impossible.
    I was a member of The labour party and a Trade Union member at 17. I left at 20 after geting a visit from the local Militant Tendancy at my mums(it got nasty). Still proud of what the unions gave us though.
  • I am proud that we as a nation generate people like Galloway who refuse to toe the party line.

I am proud that we as a nation have the freedom to enable Mr Galloway to say what he does

Anybody who takes on the US Government and Sky cannot be all bad

Personally I dont trust him anymore than any other politician

And although I avoid Big Brother like the plague what I did see of his performance on there made me trust him less.

I think I would rather have a hundred Galloways as MP than some of these pathetic Tory and Labour wimps who are just empty vessels
  • thats being proud of your country and its tradition not being proud ofGalloway . He took on the USA ? when just after he took Sadams money ?? Some people would love a dog turd if it was anti American errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats racist isnt it hating the yanks ????
  • And of course the USA financed Saddam when it suited them.

Cant say Im that keen on dog turd.

Cant quite understand how a comment I made about Galloway standing up to the worlds most powerful country (the USA) ends up with an association with racism and hate included.
  • I admit i like galloway and i agree with about 85% of what he says.
  • Gonehater...I understand where your coming from but at the time I heard his speach in opposition of the war on Iraq (I cant remember the detail of his speach but it was impressive) - of which I'm in total support - I was pleased that at least someone from my country had the balls to speak at an american demonstration.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]thats being proud of your country and its tradition not being proud ofGalloway . He took on the USA ? when just after he took Sadams money ?? Some people would love a dog turd if it was anti American errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats racist isnt it hating the yanks ????

Here Gooner read all about how America funded and armed Saddam - but do take your blood pressure pills first:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

The US armed and financed Saddam, turned a blind eye to his massacre of Iranians and Kurds (even blaming Iran for the gassing of the Kurds). Saddam was a long time CIA operative and the CIA played a major role in enabling him to assume power in Iraq. Coincidentally at the same time neighbouring Iran had just overthrown the Shah, who in turn only ruled Iran after a CIA backed coup in the 1950s that overthrew their democratically elected PM. Until the 1950s Iranian oil was being extracted by the west on very favourable terms (this is where BP first struck lucky) to them but not such good terms for the Iranians, who started making noises about nationalising or at least renegotiating the contracts.

The US gave Saddam a free pass to go to war with Iran, mostly in retribution for the loss of Persian oil and for the first few years things went well, but a better armed and organised Iran turned things around and started to invade Iraq. Had it not been for US intervention in the mid 80s Saddam would have lost the war, and would have been deposed and his most likely fate would have been to meet his hangman a good two decades or so earlier than he did, and we wouldn't be fighting a ruinous war there now.

Next week: how the CIA financed and armed Osama bin Laden, another good friend of the West who went native...
  • to heavy for me common you addicks
  • It can't be denied that Galloway is an amazing speaker, who can tear opponents to shreds without all the spin and crap.

At the same time he is also a smug self-publicist, arrogant, detestable arsehole who supports some complete vermin.

However, when arguing against the "war on terror" etc he is brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Next week: how the CIA financed and armed Osama bin Laden, another good friend of the West who went native...[/quote]

Tell you what BFR, see if you can get hold of a book called The Carpet Wars by Christopher Kremmer, that is a devastating account of life in Afghanistan/Pakistan tribal areas and underlines the complete futility of the west spending billions on a "war" there that they can never win.
  • BFR, got to disagree on the arming of Saddam, all the research shows that the Warsaw pack, China and the French were the main suppliers
  • Galloway about as "left wing" as Sadam was. where was George Boy when poeple where being gased ? where was george Boy when sadam was undertaking "ethnic cleansing" of the marsh arabs or The Kurds. where was George Boy when Sadam was puting gold taps in his many palases but millions where starving.

O dear The USA blew up the twin towers em selves, they didnt land onthe moon, comunism didnt kill 100s of millions of people the USA did. You dont equate hatred of the USA as racism ?

How sad it is that a con artist, crook , total scum bag is seen by some as a hero. Sad sad sad.
  • He's just gone past my office window on an open top bus shouting through a megaphone in incomprehensible Scottish.

It's a pity that ;

a) my windows don't open, and
    b) I've already had a dump this morning.

That said, if a) above wasn't the case I'm sure I could've squeezed one out especially for the man.
  • I had on monday the UKIP party go by my office on a bus, playing God Save The Queen...

...on bagpipes.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I had on monday the UKIP party go by my office on a bus, playing God Save The Queen...

...on bagpipes.

I saw them wandering along on Monday as well. It certainly sounded strange.
  • Radio show tonight on TalkSport summarising his unspeakable lunacy:

1/ Today is the 6th June. 64 years after the D-Day landings. Instead he chooses to dedicate his whole show to the assassination of Bobby Kennedy and has failed to mention the commemoration of 1944 once.

2/ "Since Boris Johnson has been in office, more people have been stabbed or shot in London than at any time Ken Livingstone was Mayor" WHAT?!

This man is a disgrace. Why is he still allowed to project lies?

PS. did anyone see the PCSO documentary on BBC1 "New Blues"? Best (unintentional) comedy i've ever seen. Classic line from one PCSO to another - "shall we call the police do you think?" They are doing a job that needs doing... but for chrissakes do not put the word "police" in their name. Little chavvy kids taking the p*ss out of them, running away, aiming slaps at them and getting NOTHING, the fat blobs couldn't even catch them or give chase for more than ten yards. What a waste of money.
  • Bring back James Whale
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    1/ Today is the 6th June. 64 years after the D-Day landings. Instead he chooses to dedicate his whole show to the assassination of Bobby Kennedy and has failed to mention the commemoration of 1944 once.

That's because the media (and people in general) tend to focus on ten-year anniversaries. I'm sure D Day got good coverage on Talk Sport and elsewhere in 2004 and I'm sure it will again in 2014. It would be incredibly tedious if we had a discussion of every event, even one as significant as d-day, on an annual basis.

[cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Radio show tonight on TalkSport summarising his unspeakable lunacy:

2/ "Since Boris Johnson has been in office, more people have been stabbed or shot in London than at any time Ken Livingstone was Mayor" WHAT?!

This man is a disgrace. Why is he still allowed to project lies?

Disgraceful political opportunism - yes, but I'm not convinced it's a lie, is it?

I'm not a big fan of George either, but I certainly admire the way he took Bush and Blair to task over WMD, now there were some real lies. And lies to get het up about. How many people have died in their illegal war?
  • [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]
    [cite]

I'm not a big fan of George either, but I certainly admire the way he took Bush and Blair to task over WMD, now there were some real lies. ?

Don't like him or his politics but he is a very smart man. He tore the American committee to shreds. I guess they just aren't used to that level of political debate not having to stand up in the house of commons, without scripts or telly prombts, to make and defend a point of view.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Bobby Kennedy stuff is especially in focus because of Obama stuff, and for someone of Galloway's age, Bobby Kennedy's death is a massive deal
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I had on monday the UKIP party go by my office on a bus, playing God Save The Queen...

...on bagpipes.

Whats wrong with that?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I had on monday the UKIP party go by my office on a bus, playing God Save The Queen...

...on bagpipes.

Whats wrong with that?

Makes a change from playing the Horst Wessel song I suppose.
  • I just dont get this Georgous George thing at all? sirely he is thebiggest example of whats wrong with Uk politicians today ?
    The man licked SadMans arse, he was kicked out of his own party for it. he only opposed the mad war with sadman as it would hit him in the pocket. He only cares about his ego and his pocket. He ralleid support against the Labour MP in his constitunacy by apealing to the muslims against voting for a Jew-- 1,000 of leaflets where reviewed by OB because of their anti semitic nature !
    He appears for weeks on BBrother while walking away from his constituancy , just for the dosh and he calls HIS new party Respect !
    He is not the only MP these days who are more concerned with filling their own boots with dosh before looking after the poor barstards hwo voted for em.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I just dont get this Georgous George thing at all? sirely he is thebiggest example of whats wrong with Uk politicians today ?
    The man licked SadMans arse, he was kicked out of his own party for it. he only opposed the mad war with sadman as it would hit him in the pocket. He only cares about his ego and his pocket. He ralleid support against the Labour MP in his constitunacy by apealing to the muslims against voting for a Jew-- 1,000 of leaflets where reviewed by OB because of their anti semitic nature !
    He appears for weeks on BBrother while walking away from his constituancy , just for the dosh and he calls HIS new party Respect !
    He is not the only MP these days who are more concerned with filling their own boots with dosh before looking after the poor barstards hwo voted for em.

I'm starting to worry GH, that's twice today I've agreed with you : - )

I'm going for a long walk to sort myself out.

LLL & BH