Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newcastle

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I’d love it if they threw a ton of money prising Gallagher away from Palace. I just can’t see him going up north - from what I heard, he didn’t enjoy being far from home. 
    Chelsea can’t recall Gallagher from palace this season because he’s played in more than 50% of their games so far. It’s part of the loan agreement. 
  • Also important that Newcastle appear to have got their first major signing done early. Obviously given their predicament you'd expect a few players will be wary of going there, but Trippier is an established England international and it might make 1-2 others less worried about signing.

Strong rumours that Aaron Ramsey will be the next to sign.
  • Trippier is a great signing
  • Wonder whether they'll sign people and offer a relegation release clause (at a similar price etc) to persuade decent players to sign?
  • Also important that Newcastle appear to have got their first major signing done early. Obviously given their predicament you'd expect a few players will be wary of going there, but Trippier is an established England international and it might make 1-2 others less worried about signing.

If they can get Ramsey, Lingard + a striker who can score (not always easy), then potentially thats stage one done.  First step is to stay up then it might be easier to get a few middle tier players. 

When City / Chelsea came into money there was no fairplay or anything, so it wont be as easy as people think just to splash the cash. 
  • edited January 2022
    Also important that Newcastle appear to have got their first major signing done early. Obviously given their predicament you'd expect a few players will be wary of going there, but Trippier is an established England international and it might make 1-2 others less worried about signing.

If they can get Ramsey, Lingard + a striker who can score (not always easy), then potentially thats stage one done.  First step is to stay up then it might be easier to get a few middle tier players. 

When City / Chelsea came into money there was no fairplay or anything, so it wont be as easy as people think just to splash the cash. 
    Because Ashley never spent anything Newcastle have a huge budget before falling foul of FFP. They can spend up to 200m and still be within the 3 year loss limit, so they have no issues there.

They could technically spend even more if they can agree deals that are paid over a few years. For example buying a 100m player doesn't necessarily mean 100m off your budget, because if the selling club agree to spread the fee over 4 years, it'll be 25m off their budget each year. Highly unlikely of course that many clubs (especially the bigger PL clubs) will agree to this though and 'help' Newcastle sign more players. 

They're also going to inevitably announce a ton of Saudi sponsorship deals, so their revenue will increase.
  • I think they'll defo make a move for Aubameyang. Even at his age, he's still got a decent 18 months left in him and has proven he can score goals. But is certainly not the right character for a relegation battle. 
  • I guess there's a bit of a point in there - he wanted to come back to the UK and Newcastle do now have a lot of potential.

But the money would have helped, let's be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe he's pointing at the kayak to hint that he's lost his memory?
  • I guess there's a bit of a point in there - he wanted to come back to the UK and Newcastle do now have a lot of potential.

But the money would have helped, let's be honest.
    They do yes, but he's 31. By the time Newcastle show any potential and progress towards the top 6, he'll be replaced.
  • Praps he just loves palindromes
  • IdleHans said:
    Praps he just loves palindromes
    If he loves palindromes he’d have gone to Bolton.
  • IdleHans said:
    Praps he just loves palindromes

• Losing to Cambridge currently
  • Buggering up my ACCA, but good.!
  • Our old keeper had an absolute blinder. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Clearly the Saudi's need to spend a lot of money very quickly.

52k for a 3rd round game at home to Cambridge is pretty impressive though.
  • It’s funny because they’re shit and will be for a while yet.
  • Our old keeper had an absolute blinder. 
    He’s the one that scored direct from a goal kick in a youth team match isn’t he?
  • Clearly the Saudi's need to spend a lot of money very quickly.

52k for a 3rd round game at home to Cambridge is pretty impressive though.
    Yeah, if games were decided by how many entitled idiots you brought to matches Newcastle, Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday would have been winning the league consistently since 1992.
  • It’s funny because their results lately have been shut but the performances are improved so everyone has been looking beyond the score lines.  This might be a wake up call to the fans

i also fail to see why they are so excited at signing a new right back.  He’s not going to transform their season alone.  They have a fuckton of work to do to stay up and are just lucky there are several other dreadful sides in the pl this season
  • She's basically cruella de ville without the coat
  • Saw in Howe's post match comments that the owners went into the dressing room after the game.

He tried to dress it up as them being supportive but never a good sign when owners decide to enter the dressing room, seen a few interviews with managers who said they knew the writing was on the wall when owners started doing that.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was gone before the end of the season, I know the owners have said they've made provisions for being relegated but it would be an absolute disaster for them if they got relegated