Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

when was the last time we played bristol city at home ?

anybody remember ?...the last time we were out of the top flight i think they were a division below us weren't they ?

Comments

• Options
    1994 twice and won both 3rd May league won 3-1 and 2nd March in the cup won 2-0
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Charlton Athletic 3-2 Bristol City 03-09-1994 (according to www.soccerbase.com)
  • Options
    Cup replay? Think there was a bit of getting our own back "afters" pre and post match
  • Options
    Yes we drew there 1-1
  • Options
    They haven't won at the Valley for 4o years last time was 20th April 1968 2-1
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I stand corrected Charlie good spot didn't notice that in my database!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]They haven't won at the Valley for 4o years last time was 20th April 1968 2-1

Oh god, I hate stats like that!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Me too Weegie but don't worry Bristol will get a hammering tomorrow and im a little bit p'd off that they are getting a little but cocky apparantly putting notices up in their dressing room saying that they need 6 more wins to go up.

Well after tomorrow they will still need 6 and what a joke that come 10pm tomorrow they might still be top but will have a minus goal difference!!
  • Options
    And I'm not going to be there, which is BAD for our home form this season. But I am trying to persuade a mate to do his duty and sit in the lucky seats!
  • Options
    You're not going Weegie???

Bollocks, may as well stay in the pub now ;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]And I'm not going to be there, which is BAD for our home form this season.

bad news i'll be there... 3wins 3 draws and 5 defeats for me but i'm undefeated in 3!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Me too Weegie but don't worry Bristol will get a hammering tomorrow and im a little bit p'd off that they are getting a little but cocky apparantly putting notices up in their dressing room saying that they need 6 more wins to go up.

Well after tomorrow they will still need 6 and what a joke that come 10pm tomorrow they might still be top but will have a minus goal difference!![/quote]

And you'll still be in 5th!
  • Options
    Not for long ;-)
  • Options
    That cup game was pwoper nwaughty if i remeber rightly we were getting coined inside the ground anfd the OB wernt doing a thing

they were one up and then Robbo (mark) scored for us .

after the game there was only a bit of rope seperating the fans and it all went off i remember seeing a skip and grabbing what i could but most of it was being launched at us.

I ended up being smashed on the head by OB after going toe to toe with some local hoolis and being pulled in to the back of the van only for me brother to play tug of war with me legs and the OB let go and i cracked me nogging off the step of the van next thing i can recall is we are about 30 miles from london and the good looking girl on the coach who had gone up with her dad (who i had been smooting all the way up there) wasnt allowed to speak to the lad with the split lip black eye and claret covered clothes cant say i blamed him either.

oh what fun we had those were the days
  • Options
    Yes the OB werent too clever mate, I spent the whole time leaving the ground trying to protect my then 9 year old son...fancy leaving 3 skip fulls of rubbish in the exit road.....unreal. Still they got some of their own medicine back at the Valley, so some justice was done
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Not for long ;-)[/quote]

Don't be so hard on yourselves - I think you can maintain a play-off place.
  • Options
    was a great day out though Tel i think it was February time i remember it being bloody cold and the crack on me hooter Pwoper hurt at the time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LeicesterRed[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Not for long ;-)

Don't be so hard on yourselves - I think you can maintain a play-off place.

You'll be lucky to manage that ;-)
  • Options
    Id just bought a V8 Discovery that week and wanted to test it out on a run...it cost me £70 in fuel...the car was absolute rubbish and I sold it 6 weeks later with only 1800 miles on the clock! I have to say had I been with my mates, I would have enjoyed it more....but my primary concern at the time was protecting my boy and the bottles and lumps of concrete were landing in amongst us.
  • Options
    I bet that was a bit frightening for you both to be honest. we had a mate who hid behind a bush in the row of houses outside and i mean that was sometime ago and he gets ruined about it all the time

evening Paul

the OB must have been thick that day or up for a bit i mean we were being coined for ages by that lot and then to let us out at the same time with just a bit of rope between us and those bloody skips was just stupid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LeicesterRed[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Not for long ;-)[/quote]

Don't be so hard on yourselves - I think you can maintain a play-off place.[/quote]

You'll be lucky to manage that ;-)[/quote]

Yawn!
  • Options
    For those that missed it last time around...... http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=4557&page=1#Item_14
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]They haven't won at the Valley for 4o years last time was 20th April 1968 2-1

that's it we got a scape goat if we lose LOL

Just kidding reams - these stats are a nightmare
  • Options
    cheers home and away it was february a day before me birthday to i think i wore the whole kit to that game as a dare short socks the lot was it the ribbero kit i think

glad to see me old noggin can still recall the details
  • Options
    Was on holiday when we had the game at Ashton Gate, back for kim grants winning couldnt see though as i was only a youngen...great atmosphere in the covered end though!
    Bound to be trouble tomorrow night...cardiff being at palarse that is!Another awful decision by the league and police!
  • Options
    We won't lose ledge im certain of it I can see us being 2-0 up within the first half hour and go on to a convincing victory.
  • Options
    hope you are right fella
  • Options
    It will be Watford take two but the goals scored in the 2nd half will be hours aswell