Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For any Bristol City fans reading......

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
and i know 4 or 5 have signed up in the last couple of days.

Be interested in your views on how comes you are doing so well. Has it been one or two players made a difference ? Is it the manager getting you to play organised ? Do you you feel you can sustain it till the end of the season ? How impportant is this game tonight to you ?

etc etc

Comments

• Options
    There's a BBC Sport feature hereabout the rise of Stoke and Bristol City - interesting reading.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough as a teenager to play for a side coached by Gary Johnson when he was just finishing his playing career. He was a brilliant coach then and very inspirational, he had a way about him that built up your confidence and he was always really positive. I have followed his career since and am not surprised he's ended up where he is. When Curbs left I secretly hoped we'd get him in. Can't wait to see him at the Valley tonight, although of course I hope he gets stuffed.
  • Options
    its all about team spirit for me.gj has installed a great spirit in the squad that and at at times luck.

weve got a sprinkeling of new players like mcindoe and sproule on the wings and elliot in midfield.
    and a lot of last seasons squad have steeped up a level
  • Options
    Alright Barry, sounds very much like our initial promotion team under Curbs.

Would promotion this season be a step too soon ?
  • Options
    Is it ever too soon to get promoted. You see too many clubs almost make it and then bomb the following year as the players leave as they believe they should be playing at the higher level. Nope, if it comes this year then I'll gladly take it.
  • Options
    if we go up we are going to struggle. we all know that.but we do have a very good manager in gj we have a chairman with a bit of cash.
    we tae comfort in that reading were tipped to come back down but manged to stay up.so we it can be done.

ps it never the wrong time to get promted we will have so much fun next season whaever happens.

pps good luck to you guys after tonite of course always had a soft spot for ca
  • Options
    exactly its never the wrong time to get promoted.
  • Options
    good luck to bristol City. They play the kind of football that long ball pardew spouts on about but fails to achieve.
  • Options
    Nice for us to get some praise

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?s=ee12d7eb391736b00a936118ef240a16&showtopic=94871
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]exactly its never the wrong time to get promoted.

Tangenting from the thread, i disagree with this...

Obviously it's all conjecture but i do think there is a distinct probability that had we gone up in the previous year's play off's we would have been so smashed up in the prem that we wouldn't have had the "bouncbackability" that we did when we were promoted last, which gave us a great platform for the following seasons in the premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Nice for us to get some praise

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?s=ee12d7eb391736b00a936118ef240a16&showtopic=94871

I actually thought McIndoe cost them all 3 points, I mean he found space very well but his shooting was atrocious and they really should have won the game by a couple at least.