Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talking to a City fan

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
reckons they should have 1500 there tonight

Comments

• Options
    very much doubt they'll have above 1000 at best
  • Options
    as said earlier, they have sold 850 so would expect a couple of hundred more on the night.
  • Options
    there again she was female so the figures are probs way out
  • Options
    enough about our underperforming team, the real highlight for me was the proper proper away support , i reckon they had 3k (obviously all from london) and that is magnificent for a midweek fixture and not only that they completely out sung us from start to finish even tho we lead for nearly an hour...
    the flare was a bit dangerous but fairplay to the guy who lobbed it onto the pitch that was a fair throw from back there....
    and then i hear they brought 4-5k to palace i wonder if they struggled to sell them!!
    they deserve to go up on away support alone!!!
  • Options
    wake me in the morning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]enough about our underperforming team, the real highlight for me was the proper proper away support , i reckon they had 3k (obviously all from london) and that is magnificent for a midweek fixture and not only that they completely out sung us from start to finish even tho we lead for nearly an hour...
    the flare was a bit dangerous but fairplay to the guy who lobbed it onto the pitch that was a fair throw from back there....
    and then i hear they brought 4-5k to palace i wonder if they struggled to sell them!!
    they deserve to go up on away support alone!!!

do you ever talk about anything else ?
  • Options
    They had 1800 tops.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]They had 1800 tops.

1800? Didn't see too many empty seats myself, I thought that stand held about 3,000, must have been close to that. Great support though.
  • Options
    I saw TONS of empty seats, yes they filled the stand but with huge gaps all over.
  • Options
    1800 would mean just over half full, definitely more than that, I reckon 2500 ish.

The fact that is was midweek, and considering they only get 12-15k home crowds it was a bloody good support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    25 for sure

Also Tony Robinson - Baldrick Was in thre with them a big City fan
  • Options
    I would of thought about 2,100. There were plenty of gaps, and a lot were disguised by most standing.

Definately a much greater walk up than what the club were expecting.
  • Options
    about right,maybe a little under.