Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BOUNCY BOUNCY

Im sure a section of us will bill taking part in this "chant" later, but whats it all about? did i miss a meeting?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    no idea, but it hurts!
  • Options
    I dont know how it started at CAFC but it is a Rangers thing unless I am mistaken, I am sure I heard it a few times while out with certain individuals. My memory is shocking at the best of times, but worse after loads of Magners.
  • Options
    Its something Rangers have done for years.

When our Charlton supporters team used to play against the Rangers one, just before kick off they would all get in their positions and then start a massive 'WOOOOOAAAAHHH' and then jump through two choruses of the bouncy.

Was always good fun, and a light hearted way to start a match.
  • Options
    I've been trying to get it going for ages along with Leftbehind.

It's a Rangers thing really but it's a right grin and looks excellent with lots doing it
  • Options
    Carter when you got the Beers last home game just before H/T we had most of H&J blocks doing it.
  • Options
    And we did it at Watford, don't you remember Dicko?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I've been trying to get it going for ages along with Leftbehind.

It's a Rangers thing really but it's a right grin and looks excellent with lots doing it[/quote]

Yes mate it’s a Rangers thing but forget that its just a great fun thing to do and looks good if done on mass

Ill be there and doing it tonight
  • Options
    Virtually everything in football is nicked from another club somewhere down the line.
  • Options
    very true AFKA
  • Options
    yeah i imagine the jumping up and down looks class. just the "bouncy bouncy" bit is a bit hom...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK - so what do you do apart from bouncing up and down ?
    Is there a song, or arm movements.
    Hasnt made it across to M block north upper yet !!
  • Options
    We're bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy la la la la

That's pretty much it, think it's always going to be more of an 'away thing' bloody well needed it to keep warm at Blackpool!
  • Options
    you had free willy to keep u warm ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]And we did it at Watford, don't you remember Dicko?

Don't be such a cock! It was done at Blackpool if you remember that one slim
  • Options
    The full Rangers version

"If ya cannae do the Bouncy your a Tim"
    "If ya cannae do the Bouncy your a Tim"
    "If ya cannae do the Bouncy"
    "cannae do the Bouncy
    "cannae do the Bouncy your a Tim"
    "ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, la la la la la la
    repeat etc

Ps.....Tim is a nickname for a celtic fan, one of the tamer ones.
  • Options
    I think we should introduce a Charlton version of the Fields of Athenry too then....

just to show we are all even minded people....

;-)
  • Options
    We're Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy la la la la la la

Will be Bouncing up here in Sheffield tonight, wish I was in SE7!

COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "Cant do the bouncy your a nigel............."

Took me a while to adapt it but i think it works ;-)
  • Options
    First heard it at Coventry away, I explained it to a few board members probably some others did the same and it grew from there.

One of those things that some claimed we could never get going at out club. :-)
  • Options
    Hopefully Ipswich away we could do it on Mass
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Fields of Athenry"

I know a song with the same tune, called "Fathers Advice", dont think it will go down to well on here though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]"Fields of Athenry"

I know a song with the same tune, called "Fathers Advice", dont think it will go down to well on here though.

Sure if we changed a few words we might get away with it.

Dont Liverpool sing a version too?
  • Options
    Thought the Bristol City version was good last night.

Aside from the morons with the flares, best fans we have had there for years.
  • Options
    Wednesday have a differnt verion where they just all bounce whilst singing:

If you don't fucking bounce.
    If you don't fucking bounce you are a blade
    *repeat*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xS3X3qOdI

The better Ranges version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtM1twIzsJ0
  • Options
    aint heard it yet at the valley,when was it sang?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]"Fields of Athenry"

I know a song with the same tune, called "Fathers Advice", dont think it will go down to well on here though.[/quote]

Good song. i have it on cd, along with all the rest!!
  • Options
    how naughty of you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]"Fields of Athenry"

I know a song with the same tune, called "Fathers Advice", dont think it will go down to well on here though.[/quote]

Sure if we changed a few words we might get away with it.

Dont Liverpool sing a version too?[/quote]

Yep, its called Anfield Road, and did you know that Liverpool has the most Loyalist/Orange Lodges % wise in the UK, must have something to do with being so close to the Irish Sea/Belfast and the original influx of NI people.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]"Fields of Athenry"

Good song. i have it on cd, along with all the rest!![/quote]

Me too fella :-)
  • Options
    it does da9 also has a large catholic presence,that i believe is the reason for the song.