Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Charlton v Bristol City Match Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    In the 96th minute.
  • Options
    Oh well......another point
  • Options
    Jason Euell equalised at Wolves.
  • Options
    Really disappointing. We can't seriously expect automatic promotion with such poor home form. Still in with a decent shout of the playoffs though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]yep, we have had yet another chance and have blown it so as far as automatic promotion goes it's goodnight Vienna[/quote]

Agreed. Tonight was the night that we had to perform and make it count. Bristol City sounded good and deserve promotion more than us. Don't believe we can get automatic promotion now and yet I don't believe we will finish outside the top six. Should I take advantage of easyjet's 25% discount now while it lasts? (for the Play-Off Final)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Should I take advantage of easyjet's 25% discount now while it lasts? (for the Play-Off Final)
    I'm wondering the same thing jimmy.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Should I take advantage of easyjet's 25% discount now while it lasts? (for the Play-Off Final)[/quote]
    I'm wondering the same thing jimmy.[/quote]

For me the answer's 'no'. For a start we might not win the semi-final. The problem is that the discount finishes in 72 minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Should I take advantage of easyjet's 25% discount now while it lasts? (for the Play-Off Final)
    I'm wondering the same thing jimmy.

For me the answer's 'no'. For a start we might not win the semi-final. The problem is that the discount finishes in 72 minutes.

In that case it's a 'no' for me too!
  • Options
    I received this text message about the match. " We had a reasonable first 20 mins. After that we wer back to our normal shit. We scored early an just tried to hold on, lobbin the ball up to big Chris who failed to hold on toit or lay it off or do anthing except kick it up in the air. Holland was our best player by a mile - that should tell you everyting. We was very lucky to get a draw!"

Does that sum up the match........?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    At the risk of antagonising one or two Im going to say this guys.

Tonight when we had to step up to the plate we were not good enough.

By the sound of things on the commentary we were battered in the second half but it's clear to me that in our last two home games when we have gone in leading at half time, the more determined dressing room has been the away one.

I don't expect us to come out and defend a 1-0 lead but to end up hanging on for a point does not do our promotion credentials much good.

5 points adrift again of the team above us whilst the play-off pack are within 3 points again, we top a 6 team table looking for a top 6 finish but need to start winning PDQ because we have no God given right to end in the play-offs, the other clubs want it as much as we do and in alot of ways we have been lucky tonight including Ipswich and Wolves who are right behind us only drawing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reams - I wonder what Bristol City thought when the Addicks played them off the park at Ashton Gate?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I received this text message about the match. " We had a reasonable first 20 mins. After that we wer back to our normal shit. We scored early an just tried to hold on, lobbin the ball up to big Chris who failed to hold on toit or lay it off or do anthing except kick it up in the air. Holland was our best player by a mile - that should tell you everyting. We was very lucky to get a draw!"

Does that sum up the match........?[/quote]

Sounded like that to me. We're just not good enough (yet)
  • Options
    Managed to catch the second half on the radio.The only names i could hear were city ones,mcindoe especially.Where the bloody hell were our so called premier league quality players.Zhi thomas,holland ambrose.WE WERE AT HOME FOR F***S SAKE.

Nowhere near good enough!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]we have no God given right to end in the play-offs, the other clubs want it as much as we do and in alot of ways we have been lucky tonight including Ipswich and Wolves who are right behind us only drawing

That's not luck - they are just more inconsistent than us i.e. we are better than them - just as we are worse than the top 4. Agree with everything else you say.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Who cares Solid gone at the end of the day things are not decided mate over the 2 games against each other.

Since we won there we have won 8 of 21 games drawn 7 lost 6.
    They have won 11 of 21 games drawn 5 lost 5

If we had turned 4 of those draws into wins we would be right up there.

Why 4? Because in four of those 7 draws we have been leading, but here is the worst part, 2 of those 4 games have been against Watford and also the leaders tonight.

6 points dropped and then add on the fact that we have lead at Stoke and WBA this season too.

Not having a pop at all at the team but it's so bloody annoying that what might have been
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Who cares Solid gone at the end of the day things are not decided mate over the 2 games against each other.

Why 4? Because in four of those 7 draws we have been leading, but here is the worst part, 2 of those 4 games have been against Watford and also the leaders tonight.

6 points dropped and then add on the fact that we have lead at Stoke and WBA this season too.

Not having a pop at all at the team but it's so bloody annoying that what might have been

Surely the Colchester and Scunthorpe results are the ones we should be rueing the most.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Who cares Solid gone at the end of the day things are not decided mate over the 2 games against each other.

I agree with this Reams – and when you add on the 10 points dropped against Colchester and Scunthorpe… It's so frustrating to see where we could have been. (We could always say that though.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Surely the Colchester and Scunthorpe results are the ones we should be rueing the most.

I think the manner in which we keep surrendering these games is a real worry.We should be a match for any side in this division.