Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easy to say, but that 2nd half was shocking

I have never been so wound up by players WITH ABSOLUTELY NO ABILITY WHATSOEVER.

Players that cant pass 3 yards, control a football, cant clear lines and do stuff that Sunday footballers would be ashamed to do.

We had FOUR loan players on at the end and now we play, in the main, long ball football.

Pardew has gone for me.

Comments

• Options
    First half we looked good, City weren't at the races, and we could and maybe should have gone on, Second half was almost a reserve of the first half.

Some players out there looked a bit lost, Youga was poor, ZZ while good looked a bit leggy. But credit Bristol City, they played with the confidence of being top of the league, with good support, and you can see how Johnson has got them playing good stuff.
  • Options
    Sinclair=thomas with silly boots

Youga had an absolute stinker and why the hell wasn't he subbed with Thatch on the bench.

Halford - I'm beginnning to wish he's roll himself up in a ball and long throw himself back to Sunderland

Gray - completely pointless signing who looks well out of his depth

and the rest of them are really no better.
  • Options
    why 4 5 1 at home and why do we insist on kicking towards the away end in the second half what's the point in bringing cook on with five minutes to go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Sinclair=thomas with silly boots

Youga had an absolute stinker and why the hell wasn't he subbed with Thatch on the bench.

Halford - I'm beginnning to wish he's roll himself up in a ball and long throw himself back to Sunderland

Gray - completely pointless signing who looks well out of his depth

and the rest of them are really no better.

Surely these players are good enough but do not know each other's game . Bristol City however have a solid team who know each other inside out and have only last season been through a successful promotion campaign.
  • Options
    Andy Gray has to be the most anonymous player ever. He makes me want McLeod back (not really).

How 2 managers have paid MILLIONS for Greg Halford shows you how odd football is.

Pardew still doesn't know his best 11 and looking at that back four im not surprised.

HE paid 2.5 million for Bougherra via You Tube and 650k for Paddy.

650K for McCarthy.

Sackable offence.
  • Options
    Think we were outdone tactically, and you've got to blame Pardew for that. Bristol sorted themselves out and adjusted their game to great effect, they played good simple footbal and worked their socks off. I feel sorry for Gray all we ever do is lump balls up to him. I'm starting to be reallt dissapointed with Pardew and Parkinsons tactics. Hats off to gary Johnson he's got a good team there, we've got some good individuals but haven't got a team at all.
  • Options
    I agreew with that and also Pardew's ability to be proactive rather is non existant.

How long did he want in the 2nd half before they scored?????

He's just chucking names on a board and hoping some will gel.

That's not going to get you promoted.
  • Options
    Thought we looked better playing 4-5-1, but it was the same old problem at home of not being able to kill off the game, and certainly not play well for the two halves.

Very frustrating night, but credit to City - played good football and were still going for the win right to the end.
  • Options
    Second half was shocking but the first was not much better - we scored a good goal against the run of play and spent the rest of the half watching as the ball was passed around by Bristol.
  • Options
    not really understanding this 2nd half stuff, i thought BC were on top from about the 15th minute.

Was certainly why i put it down to the atmosphere being so poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good turnout and support from them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]not really understanding this 2nd half stuff, i thought BC were on top from about the 15th minute.

Was certainly why i put it down to the atmosphere being so poor.

Agree with that after we scored we weren't in it at all, very dissapointing. Very impressed with thier ability on the ball, put us to shame really. Somehow we need to start getting some pattern to our play it's very disjointed. I thought Thomas did some nice tricks but does he really offer much, he doesn't get crosses in, barely gets a shot in, I don't know maybe Cook needs a go but it's late in the season to be trying new things.
  • Options
    the atmosphere was shocking from start to finish i couldnt hear our end all night long and i was on the half way line when we scored after the initial cafc bollox it went quiet

shocking lads shocking we can moan about tonights performance and rightly so but look at yourself and did you try hard enough to raise those players

no the answer would be
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite] why do we insist on kicking towards the away end in the second half [/quote]

Did we win the toss then? I'd always assumed that when the usual direction of play is switched, that the opposition have won the toss and want to change direction so that we're less comfortable.
  • Options
    We were simply outplayed by a better team....Charlton looked clueless at times tonight...so much for our so called technical ability....City are top by virtue, the table doesnt lie. I hope they go up in all honesty, they gave us a footballing lesson tonight.....neither team would survive in the PL though. Atmosphere very flat, but I thought the booing in the North stand was OTT. Our total inconsistency baffles me to be honest. Lets hopefully get our heads down and scrap for a playoff place.
  • Options
    guys we must look towards ourself do we inspire the team to perform

no and i really do worry about this what can we do to improve it away we sing and sing but at home it is piss poor apart from that shitty cafc song we really do need to do something about this it is embarrasing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]guys we must look towards ourself do we inspire the team to perform

no and i really do worry about this what can we do to improve it away we sing and sing but at home it is piss poor apart from that shitty cafc song we really do need to do something about this it is embarrasing

Don't agree. If the team play bad then there's no way it's my bloody fault just because I don't sing and shout myself hoarse each match.
  • Options
    where do I (we) start ?

1) Automatic prmotion has gone. At best is 5th or 6th spot. If we dont buck up we will lucky to make 7th. Plymouth just behind us and Ipswich know how to get in the play-offs (maybe wont win them, but thats another matter)

2) Pardew. This is his team. He had bought & sold players to get what he wants. The bucks stops with him.

3 )We only have 3 fit strikers at the club - all of which are journeymen at best. Varney is the better of the 3 but he wont score more than 12-15 goals a season, even less if he plays on the wing. Gray has some nice touches but has palyed 8 games without even threatening to score. Iwelumo tries hard but is like Peter Crouch - refs have it in for him & decisions go aganist him. Pardew praises Adebola but could have had him if he wanted. I'll say it again in case pardew has read it here yet - unless we get a proven goalscorer in before loan deadline we ain't going anywhere.

4) Holland & ZZ have been the dogs b****x since Reidy last played (mid Dec) They have played 90 mins of every game and must be totally knackered - so dont dare criticise if one of them happens to make a bad pass once in a while. They cover every blade of grass there is & then some.

5) Bristol City aren't top by luck - they play some neat football and always seem to find their man - good close control that a few of our players could learn from. Oh, and they keep it on the floor from back to front - and the big man up front can control it on his chest to a man NEAR him.

I could go on but I wont. I have refrained recently and as i wasn't at Blackpool I didn't feel that I could comment. Shef Utd was a good result but no good if you can't follow up with a home win. Nothing less than 7 points from the next 3 games otherwise see point 1.

see you next season at Carlisle.
  • Options
    North I really admire you mate....but to be honest, that team are really under performing and I dont think a bit of singing is going to really help at the moment. Those guys are paid the sorts of sums that are beyond our dreams, and they simply fail to inspire us. We got a lucky draw against a team who believe in each other....but we will try again on Saturday eh?
  • Options
    but if no one sings and no one shouts when things are not going right then we cant moan about the lack of passion and endeavour from people that are paid by the club but do they really love the club --- no i doubt it mate i was embaressed tonight with the atmosphere i have caned the chelski fan in corperate with me over the shite fans at chelski we were shocking as supporters tonight.

and i feel more than the team we need to do something to bring us all together it was embarrasing i am not blaming fans for the result only we cant moan about lack of passion when the loudest thing was booing at the end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Sorry nla just can't agree with you there mate, are you saying that it takes people paying £20 of hard earned cash to raise the game of 11 footballers who are paid £1000's each week.

It would help if the fans walked through the turnstiles full of hope and anticipation instead of being apprehensive about what Charlton side are going to turn up.

Maybe fans find it hard to let themselves be heard because they are sick to the back teeth of Pardew's bravado week in week out when actually despite talking the talk nothing really changes.

2 wingers on the bench tonight - one a fancy Dan one not fit and neither better than what we have already got.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    see you next season at Carlisle.

What for? Are we going on a Charlton Life sponsored walk along Hadrians Wall?
  • Options
    maybe it is just me but i pay my money and i try my hardest to get folks around me singing especially when it is going wrong 12th man and all that but mate you ould have heard a pin drop tonight i am sure i heard larry the lamb farting from the top ogf the nth upper 2nite it was that bad

really we need to address this i am not saying it is our fault points were dropped and i appologise if it reads that way it is just embarrasing
  • Options
    I blame the kick off time.
  • Options
    the thing is reams we will be here long after pards and the atmosphere has been going down hill since the nth upper was built tonight it hit rock bottom and as loyal paying fans we need to address that
  • Options
    I heard it on the commentary nla to be honest I was embarrassed when the commentators question our support especially when their manager said yesterday that we have a premiership ground and support!
  • Options
    we do. all seated and piss poor.
  • Options
    Got back from the game at about 5am - renewing my season ticket looks very doubtful. In fact I would probably get better value for money at Valley Centertainment than The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Shef Utd was a good result

But was it really a good result? Sheffield United were a very poor team who had already outplayed us once this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] ZZ while good looked a bit leggy.

I was very tempted to write to home secretary jacqui smith to try and get the muppet deported as zz is a complete waste of space.