Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Stand planning permission rejected

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Does anyone know why it was rejected? I didn't see the programme.

Apologies if this is covered by a thread I missed.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Does anyone know why it was rejected? I didn't see the programme.

arguement over the usage of the 9 flats in the East Stand (no Goonerhater not the Jimmy Seed Stand). Council want it to be people associated with Charlton but the club don't.

It's on the OS if you want to read it.
  • Options
    It's not been rejected. The council imposed a condition on the proposed flats in the corner which dictated that the people living in them had to be connected to the club and appears to have refused an application to delete this condition. From my own experience of sitting on Bexley's planning committee I would think the condition is unenforceable and too vaguely drawn, plus I doubt the council can justify it to satisfy planning law, so I would think an inspector would set it aside on appeal. In any event, it doesn't of itself prevent the club building the stand or the flats, it just potentially affects their ability to rent the flats out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Does anyone know why it was rejected? I didn't see the programme.

arguement over the usage of the 9 flats in the East Stand (no Goonerhater not the Jimmy Seed Stand). Council want it to be people associated with Charlton but the club don't.

How vague is that? "people associated with the club" Surely by renting the flats from the club, technically, they would be "associated with the club".

Surely, from the council point of view, they would have been better to have it open to anyone?
  • Options
    I heard that the flats were to double up as executive boxes on matchdays.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

How vague is that? "people associated with the club" Surely by renting the flats from the club, technically, they would be "associated with the club".

Surely, from the council point of view, they would have been better to have it open to anyone?

Exactly. If we made them Red card holders would that be an association? It's a silly condition but it would effect the club's ability to rent out the flats or sell the leasehold.

Not sure why the council are sticking to this. Originally Charlton put it in the planning application but then changed it but the council aren't happy.
  • Options
    I personally would be happy with the vagueness of the safeguard. Charlton could now insist that to rent the flats, you have to be a member of the club, which with the Red Card scheme is free membership.

You can't get anymore connected with the club than a club member, can you ?
  • Options
    I'd like to see the legal justification being put forward, but I am guessing the council knows the condition will be thrown out by an inspector because their planning officers aren't stupid even of the councillors have a limited grasp of planning law. It suggests to me they don't want to be seen to remove it themselves.

I don't see why the club doesn't just ignore the condition and challenge the council to enforce it. They wouldn't be able to do so.
  • Options
    dont worry about it,its all years down the road,the tinpot south stand is here to stay along with the present east for decades to come.
  • Options
    On the website the Club seem to be talking about a lengthy and costly appeals process.

The whole development is fairly academic at the moement anyway, isn't it?
  • Options
    Airman, or anyone, can you explain where at the back of the East Stand are these flats to be... The little building up the slope?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a couple of houses in Lansdowne Mews (where that little building is?) used by the club at the moment, isn't there?

OS story
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]There's a couple of houses in Lansdowne Mews (where that little building is?) used by the club at the moment, isn't there?

OS story

On a lighter note: at if you had a flat in that stand you`d have no reason to complain about the noise. ;)
    "Ducks for cover"
  • Options
    because they want to build another Mosque
  • Options
    If you look at '9 o'clock' on that picture you can see the flats.

As Airman Brown says, the planning conditions of the flats only being made available to residents 'associated with the Club' means absolutely nothing and is totally unenforceable by the Councils Planners. I can't believe we're going to the environment secretary on this.

The money from selling these properties goes some way towards the construction costs of the next stage of The Valley Development.

Bloody Labour Councillors - they're all the same ;-)
  • Options
    its not going to happen for time anyway,dont see the point of it all at moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]its not going to happen for time anyway,dont see the point of it all at moment.

Major building project have long run up times so even if the club aren't going to build tomorrow you still want to make sure you have all the permissions etc etc in place so you are ready to go when we find a few bob down the back of the sofa.

The flats and their income just make the whole project a little more viable.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]If you look at '9 o'clock' on that picture you can see the flats.

That's what I thought. Seems the most likely place for some flats.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]its not going to happen for time anyway, don't see the point of it all at moment.

Jezzzus. Don't think all the groundwork should be done, and red tape cut, well in advance so that when conditions are right we can get the project underway? Thank heavens you chose not to invest your millions into the club nolly...
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Or an excuse to move from The Valley. Come on Henry theres a conspiracy in that ;-)

Why the feck cant the Council cut to the chase and build next to the Dome !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Or an excuse to move from The Valley. Come on Henry theres a conspiracy in that ;-)

Why the feck cant the Council cut to the chase and build next to the Dome !!!

LOL Pete Did you ever watch a TV show called "the X files". you would have liked it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how much are these flats going for? I could pop down to northern rock and sort the mortgage out if theyre reasonable

Probably cost more than the llanera draw thingy.
    :)