Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Night

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
This may have been said already, I've haven't had time to read everything today, but personally I would rather watch a match like last night's than a 4-0 drubbing by one of the big 3 or 0-0 yawn with Bolton or even - and I mean this- a 1 nil win over Villa/Everton.
I enjoyed the match, not the result. The thing is any of the 3 permatations were possible up untill the final whistle.

Now, That's Entertainment!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]This may have been said already, I've haven't had time to read everything today, but personally I would rather watch a match like last night's than a 4-0 drubbing by one of the big 3 or 0-0 yawn with Bolton or even - and I mean this- a 1 nil win over Villa/Everton.
    I enjoyed the match, not the result. The thing is any of the 3 permatations were possible up untill the final whistle.

I am dissapointed with the result, and our performance, but have to agree it was a cracking game. Same could be said for the home game at Watford.
  • Options
    You've always said you are a football fan more than a Charlton fan so from that perspective fair enough.

I'm more of a Charlton fan than a football fan (Rugby is the game I played into my thirties) so for me the Curbs years were wonderful. The football Curbs played wasn't always boring by any means as the 10 best games thread demonstrates.

There are a few Curbs Premiership games mentioned.
  • Options
    Same could be said for most games this season. Putting aside the financial impact of not being in the PL, I've enjoyed this season more than I have for a long time.
  • Options
    actually thought the game was poor - we played some pretty dire stuff & couldn't put 2 passses togther.

City looked the better team and new where their men wwere, but as been said bwfore, they have been together as a squad longer and used to playing together.

Stoke/Palace/Watford/Ipswich have been the better games this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]This may have been said already, I've haven't had time to read everything today, but personally I would rather watch a match like last night's than a 4-0 drubbing by one of the big 3 or 0-0 yawn with Bolton or even - and I mean this- a 1 nil win over Villa/Everton.

yes,last season was very difficult to watch.but the previous seasons we played some craking football and at times some real chuff.i just don't see many games this season in charlton's 10 best thread.

but being a charlton fan,i want the best for charlton and really that isn't being beaten so soundly at home this season by some pants sides like colchester or burnley.