Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - 5th March 1985 Charlton 1 v Cardiff City 4

Today is my birthday and I always remember this game for Fat Jim Stannard making his home 'debut'.

I took a couple of school mates along as a 'treat' (WTF!) . . . .and in typical Charlton style they delivered....

Cardiff were rock bottom and only had about 8 points from 30 games.

Stannard push one over the line after catching a shot 'off balanced' (ie:Fatter than Phil Dowd)

We were 3 nil down at half time and after the 4th we left to trudge up the hill to catch the 89 home.

Really rock bottom, lowest of the low stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Is this a subtle of way of trying to get some ' happy birthday' posts ?
  • Options
    happy birthday.
  • Options
    No that match sent me into therapy and is a recurring nightmare.
  • Options
    watched first half in the covered end and thought what a load of poop and at half time walked round and watched the second half in the jimmy seed stand.there was only about 50 cardiff fans (not many had moved to london back then) and we were confronted by some charlton goons demanding to know who we were.

tatally chaff opponents turning us over.same old same old. i preferred it in the jimmy seed though.

happy birthday.
  • Options
    That was the same theme for me every game.

Charlton 2 v Shrewsbury 4, now that *was* pwoper charlton.
  • Options
    I remember watching the last ten minutes in the Jimmy Seed standing behind the Cardiff mob at the front. Being turned over 1-4 at home by a team bottom of the league is bad enough, but what made it typical Charlton is that this game was the midweek game directly after a home match with Barnsley on the Saturday where we had overturned a 0-3 deficit to win 5-3....so Charlton to be so lame after being so good.