Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

over land and sea ?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Relatively new season ticket holder! Understand most of the banter but when you sing over land and sea it sounds like and
Leicester, if so why ? Thanks kim

Comments

• Options
    It is "and Leicester" but I've no idea either. We've been singing that for decades.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It is "and Leicester" but I've no idea either. We've been singing that for decades.

I'm pretty sure the song used to be

We hate Nottingham Forest, We hate Liverpool too (and Leicester) We hate West Ham United but Charlton we love you. I still don't remember why it was specifically Leicester though (except that it fitted into to the rhythm of the song).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It is "and Leicester" but I've no idea either. We've been singing that for decades.

I'm pretty sure the song used to be

We hate Nottingham Forest, We hate Liverpool too (and Leicester) We hate West Ham United but Charlton we love you. I still don't remember why it was specifically to Leicester though (except that it fitted into to the rhythm of the song.

That's what I remember too.