Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youga or Thatcher?

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Youga for me all day long. His pace gives us another dimension going forward.

He had arguably his worst match against Bristol City but still made a decent contribution and indeed was involved in the goal.

Comments

• Options
    Youga for me too. Still find it difficult to forgive thug Thatch for losing it at Blackburn.
  • Options
    We are running two squads but we are simply not stringing together the wins we need; for that reason I would freshen things up anywhere where we have a very good alternative. Also we seemed leggy on Tuesday.

Weaver
    Moo2 McCarthy Sodje Thatcher
    Cook Semedo ZZ Ambrose
    Gray Lita

I want to play Ambrose central but I don't think we have wingers to track back that that would need.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]We are running two squads but we are simply not stringing together the wins we need; for that reason I would freshen things up anywhere where we have a very good alternative. Also we seemed leggy on Tuesday.

Weaver
    Moo2 McCarthy Sodje Thatcher
    Cook Semedo ZZ Ambrose
    Gray Lita

I want to play Ambrose central but I don't think we have wingers to track back that that would need.

Playing Moo2 appeals to me, I thought Halford looked very shaky on Tuesday, he does have height and that rocket launcher though!

I agree with you about the wingers. Sam is ok at tracking back but then he is way out of favour!
  • Options
    IN fairnes,Sam is out of favour for a reason - he had a good run in the team and failed to deliver recently.
  • Options
    I think Sinclair will get a start soon. I dont think he would come to us to sit on the bench. Halford and youga were poor on Tuesday, and I think there may be a change there. Ambrose is much more effective when not playing wide. Lita to start , and I cant wait. Play offs here we come....
  • Options
    after tuesday,thatcher
  • Options
    Thatch says on the OS, that he's probably not quite ready to start yet
  • Options
    Youga and Moutaouakil as full backs for me. Let the opposition worry about us. Glad to see Salad persist with Gray because I still think he's the best man up top but needs a partner.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    halford is shocking - don't rate him at all - oh and youga easy
  • Options
    Youga for me every day, though have suspicions Pardew would prefer Thatcher if fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both Youga and Thatcher are out of contract at the end of the season - I can't see both of them signing new contracts - one will go, especially as we have Basey, Gibbs and possibly Powell to offer cover at LB next year, personally I'd select the one that signs a new contract.
  • Options
    Isn't Gibbs out of contract too? Can't see us renewing given injury problems.
  • Options
    The great thing is ........ all these players should be/will be busting a gut in these last 10 games to earn a contract.
    Should make for great competition in the squad.

Pards probably would like to pick Thatch because he's got that bit of mental toughness and hard streak about him.
    And let's face it, we don't have any natural hard man at the moment - and look a bit soft at times.
  • Options
    both full back have to change after today...I gave Youga the benefit of the doubt after Tuesday as everyone is entitled to a bad game, but he was just as bad today....as for Halford !
  • Options
    Trouble is, mate ....... Moo2 can't defend, Thatcher's not match fit yet.
    Basey is to be farmed out - and Youga needs to go back to Scunny and get some more of what they were feeding him.

There's always Cory Gibbs or even Sir Chrissie Powell ;o)
  • Options
    Halford can't defend either. However, at least Moo2 offers something going fwd and if it breaks down has the pace to get back and defend. Halford can't even think about going forward as he has no pace. All he offers is a long throw and that is no reason to be picked alone. Must be Moo2 and Thatcher. We need som experience to dig us out of this.
  • Options
    thatcher please
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]thatcher please[/quote]

yeah i wish it was now oh well
  • Options
    4 - 5 - 1 for the rest of the season we ae too weak with playing 4 in the midfield all of them today were light weight against the tall and bulky pne midfield. Ambrose looks better in the centre.

Sorry Lita, you would be on the bench my friend though nothing to do with your performace today.

Team for Tuesday

Weaver
    Thatcher, Mccarthy, sodge, Youga
    Semdo/Holland
    Varney, Ambrose, ZZ, Thomas
    Big Chris/Gray
  • Options
    thatcher
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about Basey? I thought our fullbacks looked to have the most attacking potential when it was Basey and Moo2. Lets be fair we need to win some games so I feel these may be the best option.
  • Options
    i like basey to fish,but might need something nasty at burnley.
  • Options
    Well I said Thatch and Moo2 before the game and after that shocking performance by both full backs I wish I had picked the team today!