Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grays athletic

link

The (sweet) FA should be ashamed of themselves!

Comments

• Options
    that is unbelievable - that is surely unenforceable -
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]that is unbelievable - that is surely unenforceable -

Apparently not Ledge.The FA do like throwing their weight around where little clubs are concerned.
  • Options
    will keep an eye on this one - this is going to run and run
  • Options
    Saw that the other day. It absolutely sucks, but I suspect - disgraceful as it may seem - the FA are quite correct. If he was under contract to Grays for any length of time, he is 'entitled' to the money he would have earned whilst under contract. If, as may be possible, Grays failed to cancel his registration, or nullify his contract, there is no way they can get out of paying him. I'm not saying this because I want to start a row, its just a fact. If he's legally entitled to the money, the FA have absolutely no choice other than to make them pay up, or they could find themselves facing legal claims from Sestanovich. Yet another case where the law stinks.
  • Options
    I should just say that Mick Woodward,the Grays chairman,has offered to pay this money to the family of the poor fella that died as a result of sestanovic's actions.
    A gesture that only an institution of buffoons would contest!
  • Options
    you are absolutely right right Leroy under emplyment law if he signed a contract then he must be due the money - seems a lot for that level - but it;s always the same scumbags benefit from their actions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I should just say that Mick Woodward,the Grays chairman,has offered to pay this money to the family of the poor fella that died as a result of sestanovic's actions.
    A gesture that only an institution of buffoons would contest!

Quite agree
  • Options
    One point though - when asked before signing for Grays, the player said he was in trouble for 'motoring offences'.

The Grays chairman stated that no contract would have been offered, if the nature of the true offence was known at the time.

By giving a false declaration, the player deliberately deceived the Grays club in order to get a contract.

The club should argue that the contract was obtained by deception - and therefore null and void.
  • Options
    agreed oggy 100% pure deceit
  • Options
    I agree Oggy - if that's the case, as I've read, I don't see why they should pay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2008
    They've started a petition and would be grateful for any one who wishes to sign it:

Petition

cheers