Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semedo

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
In all fairness with our midfield looking so poor recently, it seems a ridiculous that Semedo hasn't had a fair run in the side. He shouldn't have even lost his place originally anyway in my opinion.

Comments

• Options
    He's an excellent player but such a defensive one ... however we were so flat in midfield this week that maybe this would give the midfield a bit of shape - eg. him at the back, Ambrose at the front and ZZ and Cook/Thomas in the middle.

I think he is too good to leave out anymore.
  • Options
    For me (and judging by some of the other posts) Matt Holland is the player of the season and has given 100%.

But in saying that he really shouldnt be. No disrespect to Matty but he is getting near the end of his career and isnt gifted with skills in the way that say Ambrose or others are spoken about.

To me that means no other player has shown the committment,consistency or talent to challenge Matty. And that worries me.
  • Options
    Individually Holland and ZZ are very good but yesterday, as a midfield unit they were absolutly shocking.

They looked like they had never met, let alone played together before. Neither seemed to know what the other was doing with both going forward and leaving a huge gap in front of the back 4 or both staying deep and giving no support to the front 2.

There is no shape in the middle. At times it was like kids football with both Holland and ZZ chasing the same ball.

Holland is not that good that he should be allowed to effect the balance of the side. Drop him for Semedo and then everyone knows what they are doing. Semedo holds, ZZ is then free to attack.
  • Options
    I think Fish's original comments are spot on. For me Semedo should be starting every game.
  • Options
    i'd play semedo at right back he can't be worse than the **** who has the shirt now
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i'd play semedo at right back he can't be worse than the **** who has the shirt now[/quote]

Agreed, I think Semedo could do a decent job there if Halford is deemed not up to it. Semedo came as a defender anyway so why not play him there, we can always put him in midfield if we need to.
  • Options
    if anything zz needs a rest so i'd put semedo in next to holland. if push comes to shove i'd even go 4-5-1 with varney playing on the right and lita up top on his own with zz behind him, and semedo and holland in the middle. that way zz can get forward more, and then varney can switch to a forward position when need be and zz can push out right.