Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing Tonight

Bit of a ding-dong goinng down at the O2 tonight. Enzo Maccarinelli v David Haye, billed as an explosive encounter. Won't last too long either war apparently. I don't know much about these two, anyone else shed some light?

Comments

• Options
    Nolly's your man DJDD - comes from a proud boxing family apparently!

Seriously though, he's been banging on about this Enzo fella on here for ages now. In the end he's brainwashed me - even though I know nowt about him - so I've bunged £20 on him. Can't lose really - one way I get paid, the other I get to rip nolly to shreds!
  • Options
    I find it hard to take anything Nolly says seriously.
    One day he is announcing he is 35, the next he tells us he was at St Andrews in 87 - fully involved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I find it hard to take anything Nolly says seriously.
    One day he is announcing he is 35, the next he tells us he was at St Andrews in 87 - fully involved.

Aw Gawd - you coulda told me that BEFORE I took his tip!!!
    ;o)
  • Options
    dj dave in 87 i was 14 whats your point mate?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    as the little jibes about being from a boxing family,my brother won the abas,i boxed for ten years boxing in junoir championships and winning 80% of my fights,boxed dean frrancis light heavy champion at the moment.etc etc etc,i thought enzo would win i was wrong,what are you all sheep.
  • Options
    edit it m8 aint worth it
  • Options
    Macca was a reasonable bet on paper. Haye can punch but he can't take a punch and Macca is a puncher.

Haye deserves credit for getting his big bomb in first.

I think he'll struggle at heavy weight though although he'll clean up Britain probably.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i thought enzo would win i was wrong,what are you all sheep.

lol
  • Options
    he he
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I find it hard to take anything Nolly says seriously.

You ever wonder why I call him mystic nolly?

I don't follow boxing (I get no pleasure from watching people trying to commit legalised murder on each other) but I did go off and do some research to see if maybe just this once nolly was going to be right. So I discovered that on the one hand we had a fighter with considerable form at this level, a defending champ etc who appeared to have taken the fight seriously and was in tip-top condition, in the other corner a solid but unremarkable boxer who was stepping up a level in class even if he did win a belt at this level - but that was only after the previous winner had vacated the title, which was fought and won by Enzo against an unremarkable opponent. As the underdog of course he stood a chance - in a two horse race the underdog always does, but I concluded that our nolly had perhaps taken one punch too many if he laid out anything over a fiver on him.

I'm tempted to start the "nolly index" - gambling on the exact opposite of whatever nolly predicts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    your starting to grate on me,i predict enzo to win he loses,thats boxing you idiot,what you no off boxing would be put on a back of a piece of toilet paper,i voiced concerns over my bet you plum,but being haye was odds on i fancied taking a risk,stop talking about me personally on this messageboard,i may have a moan but dont single out people.crack on!
  • Options
    and another thing i have predictied charlton to win along with other clubs numerous times,among a lottery horse race,but you w..k yourself silly over this one.go and do some sport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]your starting to grate on me,i predict enzo to win he loses,thats boxing you idiot,what you no off boxing would be put on a back of a piece of toilet paper,i voiced concerns over my bet you plum,but being haye was odds on i fancied taking a risk,stop talking about me personally on this messageboard,i may have a moan but dont single out people.crack on!

I just said i know nothing about boxing, which is exactly why I went off and conducted a bit of research, just so you couldn't accuse me of being a "sheep" - if I'm going to gamble my money anything I lose will be because I made a mistake, not because I blindly followed someone's advice or suggestion without doing any prior research. To repeat myself, my conclusion was that Enzo stood in reality a much smaller chance than the quoted odds - which I seem to recall you saying were about 5/4? Perhaps if the odds had been a little more realistic I might have been tempted, the risk/reward then might have justified the punt, but not at that price.

BTW, how much money did you drop on him? Did you lay the bet off against Haye winning in any way?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and another thing i have predictied charlton to win along with other clubs numerous times,among a lottery horse race,but you w..k yourself silly over this one.go and do some sport.

I didn't and I'm not upset over this fight, it just intrigued me that you had gambled a large sum of money on an outsider and had bigged up the fight well in advance, so off I went to make my mind up over the merits of the two boxers. Your on-going record for predictions hardly inspires me to follow your hunches, but as you boasted of your boxing knowledge and background (even to the point of dealing disdainfully with another poster here who contradicted you) I wondered if this would be the exception to the rule.

If you've lost money then I hope it is money you can afford to lose.
  • Options
    you wasn't on sublimity last year then BFR,I wasn't but if i remember rightly Nolly gave everyone a 16-1 winner of the champion hurdle,he's probably still well in credit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]you wasn't on sublimity last year then BFR,I wasn't but if i remember rightly Nolly gave everyone a 16-1 winner of the champion hurdle,he's probably still well in credit.

One swallow doesn't make a summer...

And as it happens Cheltenham is coming up again, I'll crank up the nolly index in time for that.
  • Options
    bfr i should have covered myself with a haye early win,but my heart ruled my head on this one,i nearly done the same on hatton but saved myself,i wont lie i did 200 on enzo,lately i cannot win,last time i won was the watford away game,done three draws all division one and two,put a tenner on it and had a nice payout,nothing since might back noland at cheltenham but staying out of bookies for a while!
  • Options
    bfr i have told people to back a horse and a boxer,the horse won at 16/1 and the boxer lost at 5/4 im well up .
  • Options
    i won on that horse. waiting for some more!
  • Options
    I'll give you a gold cup tip

exotic dancer for an each way bet . 14-1 with coral

but if it screws up then it aint my fault
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that one too mate but the guy who I heard it from just had to remortgage to clear some of his gambling debts!!

Worth an apple core
  • Options
    I'd say so , should be ok to follow up denman and kauto star and with the way the weather is you never know what will happen.

If you haven't already got a coral account you can get a 10 quid free bet if you open an account and stick a ten quid bet on so for a ten quid stake you could make yourself a night out. Well maybe not enough for you Dicko
  • Options
    get Nolly and BFR in the centre circle at the next match at half time for a straightner that should sort things out and atleast if we lose again we can say we have some entertainment during the day,I know where my doe is going
  • Options
    I'll lump on tomorrow, if he loses or falls in the paddock I'll blame the fella at work if it comes in you get the credit!

But that would sort me out an early evening glass or three of amber fluid
  • Options
    I'm not claiming to be an expert , no-one in me family has ever been a jockey but my grandad did once claim he heeled a horse with his mystical healing hands and it went on to win the melbourne cup
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I'm not claiming to be an expert , no-one in me family has ever been a jockey but my grandad did once claim he heeled a horse with his mystical healing hands and it went on to win the melbourne cup

Can you send him in Corey Gibbs direction please!!