Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Ebbsfleet

Just to say well done Ebbsfleet on their excellent FA Trophy Semi Final 1st leg victory today against high flying Aldershot.
My first time down at Stonebridge Road with the father-in-law, having put my Welling United loyalties aside for one game. I thought Ebbsfleet controlled the game and ran out worthy winners. Just hope they can hold on 2nd leg and get to Wembley because its one hell of a day out.

In contrast, watched Welling against Hampton & Richmond last week and they were dire. I have never seen a Welling team play that badly before. H&Rs "fat" goalkeeper made the 2nd half more interesting by engaging in "hand dialogue" so we did have something to shout about.

Now looking forward to PSV away via Amsterdam on Wednesday/Thursday (if the Dutch Police dont go on strike again!)

Comments

• Options
    Sod Ebbsfleet etc, just beat WHU tomorrow fella to keep my Curbs Watch thread going.

Well done on the Carling, I knew you'd win it. Really glad, but only because I hate Chelsea more than you lot!
  • Options
    Bearing in mind the significance of Wednesday's UEFA game, one can only wonder what team Ramos puts out against West Ham tomorrow... get the feeling Bent will play 90 minutes and one of Berbatov/Keane will get a rest.
  • Options
    Anyone on here sign up for that "myfootballclub" thing? I was just wondering if the £35 you pay is per year or just as a one-off, only I might be having to get involved with them professionally and was wondering how it worked as the website isn't at all clear!
  • Options
    Ramos? The real deal? Or is it the team? Poyet etc???

Robbie Keene is just fantastic in my opinion. Berb is top too, when he really wants it, but Keene is a 100%er.
  • Options
    I'll be honest.
    The day I picked the paper up and saw the pics of Ramos on the back with Paul Kemsley and Levy, I was gutted for Jol. Loved the bloke but...and its a big but...he was tactically naive. Ramos is the proven manager we've been crying out for since...since...forever. I love the way he has come in and took no sh1t off anyone. Jol should have dropped Robinson months before but he didnt, Ramos didnt wait. Had Jol dropped Robinson earlier, England may still have been in Euro 2008.

Levy had to do what he did. Ramos has got everyone's heads up and he's got the fitness levels up. The workrate of the team in the last two months has been immense and we are looking much stronger now. Poyet's been a big factor in the change as well, he was a winner and he has brought the winning mentality into the dressing room.

We will improve but we are still a long way off the top four. A long way off. If we can keep King and Woodgate fit and keep hold of Berbatov when the transfer window opens again, we will have a chance. Midfield is where our problems lie. Two of Jenas/Huddlestone/Tainio or Zakora doesnt even compare to the top four in terms of creativity.

As for Keane. Love him to bits. Hard to believe there was some Spurs fans out there demanding he was dropped for Defoe. Keane will always give 100% where as Defoe just stands in the centre-circle, hands on hips when things arent going his way.
  • Options
    What do you think of O'Hara JohnBoy,i've been impressed with him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Sod Ebbsfleet etc, just beat WHU tomorrow fella to keep my Curbs Watch thread going.[/quote]

Well, 2 Berbatov goals in the 1st 10 minutes helps.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]What do you think of O'Hara JohnBoy,i've been impressed with him.[/quote]

It's amazing to think he was on loan at Millwall just before Christmas. Ramos clearly rates him, giving him his full debut against Arsenal at the Emirates and to be fair, he was one of the best players on the pitch that day. Been extremely impressed with him. Obviously lacking experience but he gives 110%. Was impressed that he can play left full-back too and for those of you that watched the FA Cup game against Man U, he done a great job of keeping Ronaldo quiet for most of the game (not many players can do that!)

Felt awful for him when I saw the pictures of him in the tunnel crying his eyes out at Wembley when it was clear he had just been told he wasnt in the final 16.
  • Options
    From what i have been told Ramos loves him.
  • Options
    And even Bent scored to rub Curbishley's nose in it. 3 successive 4-0 defeats for West Ham lol.